FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can I delete the test database?

SpellcasterDX
Well, not the database, cause its not an option under MySQL Management, but can I delete all the tables in it and empty out that database? Will it affect my hosting account if I do?

I'm on Server 2, btw. Laughing
wumingsden
SpellcasterDX wrote:
Well, not the database, cause its not an option under MySQL Management, but can I delete all the tables in it and empty out that database? Will it affect my hosting account if I do?

I spoke to steve this a verrryyyy long time ago. Although I don't think it will cause any damage if you remove it you might as well just leave it (as far as I am aware it doesn't take up any space on your account).
garionw
wumingsden wrote:
SpellcasterDX wrote:

I spoke to steve this a verrryyyy long time ago. Although I don't think it will cause any damage if you remove it you might as well just leave it (as far as I am aware it doesn't take up any space on your account).

I'm not too sure if we can or not. The database itself doesn't fall under our name and I don't tihnk we have the power to delete databases on phpmyAdmin.

And we can only delete databases through DA that we own (start with yourname_ prefix)
wumingsden
garionw wrote:
wumingsden wrote:
SpellcasterDX wrote:

I'm not too sure if we can or not. The database itself doesn't fall under our name and I don't tihnk we have the power to delete databases on phpmyAdmin.

And we can only delete databases through DA that we own (start with yourname_ prefix)

It is not possible to delete db's via phpmyadmin, SpellCaster does however have the power to delete the tables in the db.

If you leave it alone, it will do no harm, so I suggest this.
kamoe_x
SpellcasterDX wrote:

Based on my xp, u can delete that one. Nothing important w/ that one anyway...(correct me if im wrong).
wumingsden
-locked- to stop spam.

SpellcasterDX, it will do no harm to your hosting account and nor does it take up any resources on your account (I think steve said; this was a long time ago that we had the confo) if you just leave it where is it.