FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ryanliestman.com

tony
I run the site ryanliestman.com (mirror for http://wikicode.frihost.net/ryanliestman). It's the official site for Ryan Liestman, a rising soul/reggae musician of the Twin Cities area. Schedule, pictures, free sample music, bio, etc - in case anyone is interested.
hojoke
Not bad at all. Very organized. Any chance you could put up sample mp3s or link to samples of his music?
cob
Cool Cool domain .com nice dude
thame
tony wrote:
I run the site ryanliestman.com (mirror for http://wikicode.frihost.net/ryanliestman). It's the official site for Ryan Liestman, a rising soul/reggae musician of the Twin Cities area. Schedule, pictures, free sample music, bio, etc - in case anyone is interested.

It's nice, but too '90ish. There alot if interesting technologies out there, and I'm afraid a simple framed layout isn't one of them. Crying or Very sad
SamiTheBerber
thame wrote:
It's nice, but too '90ish. There alot if interesting technologies out there, and I'm afraid a simple framed layout isn't one of them. Crying or Very sad

I agree. The layout could be much better.
tony
Thanks for the suggestions and feedback. I am interested in flash design but do not have the software and don't feel like learning how to use it anyway. I am planning on switching to a table setup which should look better than the frames. Also, if you go to "sample music," there are free mp3s you can download.
alrofaee
Not bad , you can improve your website better than now . Wink
Ariane
One thing....

*DO NOT use Time New Roman as font, please! About time that the old-timer (pardon the pun) takes a rest for good. Why not Verdana or Tahoma? It looks decent and is available on every computer.
tony
Thanks for the suggestions. I did change the format. ryanliestman.com is now table-based and the table on the left (with the page navigation links) is nowrapped so it will not shrink past the size of its text. I also added a CSS background image. As for the Times New Roman font, I like it. I personally think it looks professional and is easy to read. What do other people think - and are my modifications good? Also - big news - just found out that Ryan Liestman will be publicly releasing an album soon with music from the sample mp3s on the site as well as some new music.
pldacademicteam
Wow. I never saw the first format but I really like this one. The background is particularly nice. Great music too Wink .
tony
Thanks. If you go back to it now, there is an intro page which leads into the actual site, therulemusic.com.