FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Death Note Anime

bond4154
Well, the adaption of manga to anime is here too. It looks pretty good to me, for a newcomer to Death Note. I love the suspense and the break from traditional anime to a brain-versus-brain anime.

Summary: Yagami Light is an intelligent high school student, possibly the best in all Japan, being at the top of the National College Entrance Exams. His father, a police chief at the Japanese Police Department in Kantou, has relied on him twice to solve cases that have stumped the police. Yet, tedious school life has made Light bored. Combined with his disgust for "people the world would be better off without", Light feels that the world is rotten.

His luck changes, however, as he picks up a notebook labeled "Death Note" on the ground. At first, he merely dismisses it as a hoax, but after trying it out twice, once on a criminal who had taken a nursery school hostage and another who was about to rape a woman, Light is forced to acknowledge that the Death Note is real. Driven by an insane desire to make the world a better place by killing criminals, people who have been deemed by Light "unfit", Light aims to make the world a better place by becoming a God. He is later accompanied by the Death God Ryuk, the same Death God who had dropped the Death Note in the first place because he "was bored", and now has to follow Light around, mostly for his own amusement as he watches Light become a God he envisions to be.

As criminals worldwide die in prisons and on the streets of heart attacks, the method of death by default of the Death Note, much of the public has been rooting for "Kira the Savior" ("Kira" is the Japanese way of saying the English word "killer"), who has been "knocking off the bad guys". However, his actions have always left Interpol confused. Is this just a coincidence, or is this murder? And, if it is murder, who can kill so many criminals with heart attacks? With Interpol at a loss, they call upon the assistance of L, a man whose identity, face, name, and location is a complete unknown, a man who has helped Interpol solve cases worldwide that even Interpol cannot handle.

Thus, the race is on between Light and L. Each considers himself justice. Each wishes to rid of the other. Neither knows the other person's name or face or identity. But the two geniuses know that, in this battle of brains, wits, and strategy, the first person who's identity is discover is the person who dies...
Kurosaki-Ichigo
3 Words only : Rocks Da House. The best nime i have ever seen, better than the previous good animes such as Naruto and Bleach.

Too bad its only 27 or 37 episodes.
bond4154
If I remember correctly, it's thirty-seven episodes. Well worth it, I suppose; already, the first seven episodes have been packed with headaches for people with an IQ lower than one hundred and twenty. XD

I find it amusing that they've also come out with the second live-action movie. Not to mention that my mother is also watching Death Note on a weekly basis now. (It is hardly unexpected to say that my mother thinks that Light has lost it a while ago; compares him with Anakin Skywalker at times.)

BTW, I've heard that they were coming out with a total of four Death Note live-action movies. Anyone going to confirm that for me?
Raijenki
Death Note rocks...
I want to see the Live Action XD
carlokes
Hi there,

I've been wathcing this anime lately and it sure is a fantastic anime starting with with the charismatic main character, passing through the Shinigami and ending in the amazing schemes done by Light.

One question, is the adaptation from the manga so far good enougth to satisfy the manga fans?

Stay Cool
Vyriix
Evil VS Evil, beats you to the crack of your heart! Very nice story plot.
crimson_aria
This anime definitely rocks!! OMG.. can't find enough words to describe. Even though I know the story, it still excites me. And everytime I watch it, I feel like reading the manga again and again. A really great anime.
shun
I love it, but some of my friends says it is boring. I just don't know how it is "boring". Maybe because it is more of a cunning game between L and Light instead of some physical actions like the ones in FullMetal Alchemist and Naruto. Anyway, it is a great anime.
Dozetsu
umm.
When I read Death Note, I feel that myself is intelligent go up.
dac_nip
my friend says this is boring! can't judge though because I haven't watched it. Very Happy
bond4154
Most people say it's boring mostly because not a whole lot actually happens. There's a lot of explaining and wit-versus-wit things going on, so it's more of a tension anime than an action one. Of course, action animes are overrated; blasting people through walls and stuff is only entertaining when there's some content in it. Whereas Death Note is all about content.
Kurosaki-Ichigo
bond4154 wrote:
Most people say it's boring mostly because not a whole lot actually happens. There's a lot of explaining and wit-versus-wit things going on, so it's more of a tension anime than an action one. Of course, action animes are overrated; blasting people through walls and stuff is only entertaining when there's some content in it. Whereas Death Note is all about content.

Pretty much ye. And that was why i liked it that much.

Live action movies ? You mean they might actally be able to extend the Anime ?
Chelissamow
Episode 8 of Death Note was awesome! Light is sooo smart. xD And the potato chip scene was so intense. It made me laugh so hard.

I can't wait to watch more of Death Note. It seems that L's pretty close to finding Light...
x0x0
the real battle between light and L starts as they see each other face to face on the latest episode (episode 9). this show is indeed very intense, the author is definitely a genius.

anyone seen the movie yet?
crimson_aria
^ yes, damn right. The author is a genius.

I really like it so much. The story is soo good. Episode 10 is out. download it! Haven't watched it yet though. I will later.
saya
I just watch 4 episodes
its really interesting
i wll watch it all in a holiday
x0x0
i started reading the manga 2 days ago and i regret reading it 'coz the anime no longer excite me at all, but episode 10 was good, especially the tennis match. although expected a lot from the tennis match, i thought it would have something like the inhuman effects in prince of tennis. it looks like a normal play to me compared as how it was described in the manga.
Esch
I hear this was really good. I have the manga somewhere on my computer. I think I'll read it over the break after finals because I'll be bored out of my mind at home after I beat twilight princess on my Wii.
tidruG
A topic on the same thing exists [url=http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-55430.html]
Please continue posting on that topic.

-locked-