FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Shopping Cart....

salman_500
hey again !

ok this time it different...

you see i just myself accounts of storm pay and alert pay... and pretty soon my dad will get me paypal too.. so i guess i have enough for a pid site..... now what i see is that i need a shopping cart so that people can easily buy multiple products... now i dont want to use default shopping carts of the above mentioned because :

1) i will need multiple buttons on each template...
2) it will very unprofessional...

so i came up with a plan to construct my own shopping cart..... now it all seems pretty easy but i am having trouble figuring one thing out......

i dont know how to assign a shopping cart for every visitor that comes to the site.... coz i will have members and non-member who will be on the site and will (mostprobably, Inshallah) use add to cart button on the product of their choice... so i dont know how to assign em... coz guest dont have an id or username... and even if i assign a randomly generated id... i dont know how too differ them for the diff guest....

its all starting to get a a bit confusing...so if som1 can direct me... plz i will be very greatful !

what i really is that all the calculations and items thingies are carried out on my site and them for checkout i will offer like...

Pay with Paypal or watever...

thnx in advance !! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
kawkazEE
its easy, you store every visitors cart (members or non-members) in the session. if the visitor checkout but is not registered you can ask some information before processing some transaction.... if the visitor is member query the information you stored in your databse the first time the visitor registered.... hope this helps...
salman_500
kawkazEE wrote:
its easy, you store every visitors cart (members or non-members) in the session. if the visitor checkout but is not registered you can ask some information before processing some transaction.... if the visitor is member query the information you stored in your databse the first time the visitor registered.... hope this helps...

yea i though about this too..... but what is some1 selects more than one product....
then maybe i need to add 1 to every next product......hmm....

and i think i will have to combine both sessions and database to get this wroking....session to identify.....tables to differ......

yea ....thnx !

but i still need directions ! Razz