FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

sell my house online

fringe
Im thinking that if people can sell cars, and paintings and all that stuff on ebay and craigslist, then why cant I sell my house? Any thoughts?
kales
LOL. Sounds like an interesting idea. Let me know how it goes. Id be interested to know how it goes for you. Cause Im trying to sell a house as well.
fringe
I was looking for places to put my house up for sale, and instead of ebay and craigslist, I found a site called www.forsalebyowner.com. That seems more like what Im looking for.
kales
wow, I like it. Im going to give it a shot. Laughing
fringe
Good luck. Keep us informed. Cool
Handyman
Your wasting your time and money if you think that you can sell your home without the help of a professional. The NAR and many independent companies have studied the success rate of fsbo's. This may be shocking but only 20% of homes for sale by owner are sold by the owner. Selling your house is a very stressful process and you need a pro to help you with all of the snags in the process.

Many of the fsbo and fee for sale brokers offer no help in the process of selling your home except putting your house on a website and if you are lucky they will give you a sign to put in your yard. You can find a price range between $300-$1500 for this kind of service-less service. IMO it is a scam.

If you do decide to sell your home on your own the #1 thing you should do is offer a 3% co-op for REALTORS. #2 advertise in every publication you can. Local news papers usualy run about $250 per month per paper.

You should also interview a few REALTORS and get there opinion about your home and if there is anything that you can do to make your home more sellable. When you talk to them you should ask them about there fees for service and if they would be willing to reduce there commission if you sign a buyers agreement. This means that if they sell your house you will use them to buy a new one.

If you need any referrals for REALTORS in your area I can help.
Detremmerie
Well, I for one didn't know you can't sell your house on ebay?
evilryu530
yea u can sell ur house on craigslist. tons of people do it. it's just advertising your house. i mean im sure no one will actually buy it by just seeing photos of your house online. as for ebay, it must be a real unique situation for them to buy ur house..like u're a famous celebrity and ure sellign ur house for dirt cheap or somthing....
hunterm
Are you in the States?

There are quite a few websites here in the UK where you can sell your house online.