FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

HOW MUCH DO YOU PAY FOR YOUR HOUSES OR APARTMENTS

judelover
House with yards and garages, and apartments with comfortable bath rooms and large kitchens. Say, is a monthly a thousand dollars of 30 years mortage loan too much.
screamingdecay
$1000.00 / Month

3 bedroom- 2 full baths two normal. Front and back yard town house.
In all right condition.... needs allot of work tho. we use to pay 800 a month 2 years ago until the ... hole got greedy.
marcmgeronimo
I still live with my parents so I don't really have to pay rent. But I do pay for the utilities (electricity, water, cable and telephone) for the house, so I guess that is almost the same as what i should be paying for rent.
S3nd K3ys
My house (~1 acre) in San Diego cost me $630,000 just over a year ago. When you first buy a house, this is my second, it will take about a year or two of a tight budget if you buy towards the upper end of what you can afford. After that you'll be ok.

The wife does the books but I think we're up around 2,600.00/month for the mortgage
mstreet
I rent in Toronto in an area called The Beach and I pay rent for $850.00 a month,
I also own a townhouse in Calgary which I bought for 127,000.00 4 years ago and now can sell it for 200,000.00 . I rent it out for 1200.00 plus gas and hydro a month.
dmntr
As ilive in BeLARUS FOR Y FLAT OF ABOUT 60 M^2 AND 4 ROOMS I PAY FOR ABOUT 80$ PER MONTH, THE OTHER PROBLER IS THAT THE AVARAGE payment isabout 200$per month ((
scorpiosemotion
I pay $860.00 a month for a crap apartment not to mention the $$ to keep this place comfortably heated/air conditioned... It's ridiculous really since we were only paying $625.00 when we first moved in. Crazy management companies want to milk you of everything you got!!!!!!! Shocked
Dark_Tiger
2/2 bedroom bath condo in FL. I bought it 4 years ago for $45 thousand, it's worth $103k now.

Home prices vary wildly depending on where you're at. It's mind blowingly easy to check local sale prices, but I'm not really sure a way to find rental prices.
Vrythramax
$1,125 a month....2 bedroom condo in scenic New Bedford (but on the beach).
judelover
scorpiosemotion wrote:
I pay $860.00 a month for a crap apartment not to mention the $$ to keep this place comfortably heated/air conditioned... It's ridiculous really since we were only paying $625.00 when we first moved in. Crazy management companies want to milk you of everything you got!!!!!!! Shocked

The prices are going up all the time, lol they are milking.... So perhaps it's better to buy one if affordable.Mortage loan is a good choice, do you think so?
FaLLeN
Im still with my parents too, so i dont pay for anything. Well i do pay for one thing, my internet. Me and my brother have to pay half each because my parents "dont see the need" to have it.
Vrythramax
FaLLeN wrote:
Im still with my parents too, so i dont pay for anything. Well i do pay for one thing, my internet. Me and my brother have to pay half each because my parents "dont see the need" to have it.

Then why comment? I think this whole subject was geared to people who actually own or rent, not pay room and board.
godam64
i'm still live with my parents here but i think someday i'll leave my house and find my own $50 - $150 permonth place to live. i hope i got sallary raise next year, get maaried and start a new life in a a new house. Cool
wumingsden
I have a bit of a different arrangement. I'm quite young so live with my parents still -

I pay the net which is 14.99 per/mnt [$28] - only I use it - ,
I pay 20 per/wk [$38] for water/electric,
and pay the mortgage payment every three months, which is just over 1000 [nearly $2000].
Pikokola
After converting it onto US$, it's less than US$500/years

4 room, 1 bath room, 1 living room, shared with 3 of my friends, so it's only US$125/years

not count about the electricity, watery, and internet access Razz
jon9314
3 bedroom 1.5 bath launry room 7 rooms total. 1400 square feet garage small yard. $400 30 year mortgage
jon9314
wumingsden wrote:
I have a bit of a different arrangement. I'm quite young so live with my parents still -

and pay the mortgage payment every three months, which is just over 1000 [nearly $2000].

that kind of sound like you got a raw deal. are you grown or teen/twenty's?
wumingsden
jon9314 wrote:
wumingsden wrote:

that kind of sound like you got a raw deal. are you grown or teen/twenty's?

I'm still in my teens, but can do most things (except get married without my parents consent). I don't work, so its not like I'm doing it to live there, and my parents don't ask for money (although they wouldn't be too happy with me not paying the net and my bastard for a father always complains about the electric).
My mother and my name however is on the mortgage, so it means that by law I own half of my house, which if you look at it this way is a very good deal. Our house is worth a bit of money so I see it as a long-term investment. If I didn't pay any of the mortgage then my name wouldn't be on it, just like my fathers. Me and my mother have a weird relationship.

edit - just wanted to add something. All property goes to my father if my mother dies first, except this house (as it will go to me). All other assets go to me and my siblings.
neji
I still live in so don't have those problems.

Bought ground (0.8 ha) like 25 years ago for 30000 and now it's value is 10 times that much worth! (for those wo aren't good in mats: 300000).

Dunno how much the house is worth, but it will not be that much 'cause of the bad isolation, and it's very strange look Very Happy (very dificult in the winter to heat it up). On the other hand, we live close to the city (with the bus +- 20minutes) butt in a very calm enviroment. (let's say, the not so far outback of Europe? Very Happy)
arkebuzer
judelover wrote:
House with yards and garages, and apartments with comfortable bath rooms and large kitchens. Say, is a monthly a thousand dollars of 30 years mortage loan too much.

I pay ~320$/month for my dorm room... got no internet or anything... quite a rip of >.<
ItsWesley
I still live with my parents but I know how much both of their houses cost, and its quite a lot. Britains house market is really expensive now. My dads house cost him 250,000.
rhathar
We pay $1680 for a 2 bed / 1 bath apartment, which includes water and gas. We get one parking spot, the rest is on-street. Internet is about $50 / mnth for broadband (Cox), electric about $40.

It's alright, but it's not really a great apartment. I live with my GF and another friend, so that's cool, but I really would like to find a cheaper/nicer place.
solarwind
I pay $1 000 000/month for a closet about 2 sq ft. It has everything I need. Very Happy
Tex_Arcana
Here jn Houston, Tx. I live in a largely hispanic neighborhood just outside The Loop near The Galleria. For a one bed/one bath apt. I pay $399.00 a mounth. Utilities are taken care of by the apartments and average about $120 each month. It's not too bad and isn't exactly slum conditions either.

I'm sure lots of folks realitively pay more for worse.
Vanilla Crazy
I PAY ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS IN ALL CAPS. ISN'T THAT FUNNY?
GoldenStar
I pay nothing I leave with my parents Very Happy
Aless
I live just outside the limits of Greater London & pay 275 (plus bills) in a shared student house. This is really cheap for the area, by the way (lucky me!).
dude_xyx
Im in Sri lanka , Colombo at the moment. here apartment of 2 bed rooms 2 rooms 1 bathroom and living room can be rented around $200 ,a nice one.
darrenpaul
The average price of a house (3 Bed) in Ireland is...

400,000 or $532,648.41
Vrythramax
darrenpaul wrote:
The average price of a house (3 Bed) in Ireland is...

400,000 or $532,648.41

Shocked dammmmnnnn! So much for moving to Ireland Sad
mayur
i love my appt!

At $650 plus utilities its the best i can get, I guess everybody loves their hose.

i'ts got an elevator service, garage, laundry, heating etc and it basically rawks!
sponge
WOW! That house is really very expensive. I've converted it to our currency and it computes more than

25,000,000 Pesos

Wooow. I can't afford that.
psycosquirrel
$2000 a semester here at Georgia Tech for a room the size of my mom's closet that I share with a roommate. That includes all utilities and my T2 line Very Happy