FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How much do you care about videogames?

Afaceinthematrix
People were waiting for hours to buy the new PS3, some people wanted it and others were just selling them on Ebay for 4x+ more money. But I heard thee other day that someone got shot over it. How much do you truly care about videogames? Why would anyone shoot somebody and risk going to jail over a PS3? Any comments...?
eepman
If I find a good game I'll probably play it a bit and then come back to it once in a while. I'm not so obsessed that I would wait for a console to come out and camp out for it.

I'm saying that if a good game comes my way I'll play it, I do have my favorites though.
enygmasoft
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
People were waiting for hours to buy the new PS3, some people wanted it and others were just selling them on Ebay for 4x+ more money. But I heard thee other day that someone got shot over it. How much do you truly care about videogames? Why would anyone shoot somebody and risk going to jail over a PS3? Any comments...?

15 minutes of fame. Thats the only reason why anyone would do that. No one likes games enough to shoot someone over.
Peterssidan
I buy most older games. Often I don't know the new games very well so I don't wan't to spend so much money on it. If there is a game I realy want and it's new I can buy it but thats not too often. Smile
I never gonna kill someone because of a game. Twisted Evil thats for sure! Wink If I kill someone it will be another reason. (War or self defense or something else)
Wanderer
I think the shooting and fights and stuff are for the money the PS3 is going to give them on ebay. They pay $600 and get about $2100 back. Plus the launch titles for the PS3 are only decent except for Resistance Fall of Man which is really good and Mobile Suit Gundam which is total crap.
deStructuralized
I bought my PS2 a year after it first came out for $150. I bought Metal Gear Solid 3 two weeks ago for $10.

I don't need to get videogames right when they come out...I'll gladly wait.
FaLLeN
I cant say i 'care' about them at all, but i do enjoy them.
Aslong as i had something else to keep me entertained i wouldnt worry about my pc.

And about the PS3 thing, thats insane, i think it was for the 15 minutes of fame too, who in their right mind would kill someone for a console that has some rather crappy launch titles anyway.
djsamsung
i care, i love em, but i don't enough money for the ps3 nor x360. lol
Commando_Sondre
I don't 'care' about them, I just play them for fun.
Klaw 2
not much, i can wait and all games and consoles are disposeble, to shoot somone ove an Wii ? naaaaaaah........ its CRAZY.

When I got Halo 2 I ordered it and got it 1 or 2 days later on Saturday, I wasnt sleeping in front of the store to get it, but....

I did thought about some stupid things that when I walked out of the store someone would steal it or something, but thats as close as it can get, amybe a little worried but nothing more.
Zeidon
If i had enough money and time to waste i would consider camping out for something as big as PS3. I'm never usually one to get things as they first come just due to the price but to be one of the first to have a PS3 would have been pretty awesome, even if there aren't many games.
Victus13
Not enough to spend two or three days waiting in line for PS3.

Though on the same note, if I was told I would never be able to play another Video Game in my life... I might just slit my wrists and end it right there.

Unless I found a good book.. that might sedate me for awhile. Laughing
bond4154
The funny thing is that I mostly play games for the sake of their story. Mind me, I do enjoy games to a certain extent, but I probably won't care enough for them to go out camping or line up to buy a certain game. I'm probably satisfied enough just getting an old game. =P
Afaceinthematrix
deStructuralized wrote:
I bought my PS2 a year after it first came out for $150. I bought Metal Gear Solid 3 two weeks ago for $10.

I don't need to get videogames right when they come out...I'll gladly wait.

Exacly, I always wait a long time to get my video games that I way I can buy them for $10 and not $50.
william
I am a little obsessed with video games, but not THAT much. I would not wait in line for days just to be first to get a console. I've seen a video that had people waiting for TEN days. Shocked (By the way, the first batch of consoles are known to have problems. How would you feel if your console dies instantly?)

Anyhow, I enjoy video games, but it's illogical to wait days in line for a console. Waiting can actually benefit you.