FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

cannot use filezilla

roesaid
i use wireless connection in my place,i can use internet explorer,firefox,opera and others but not for filezilla..

why?
sunpascal
roesaid wrote:
i use wireless connection in my place,i can use internet explorer,firefox,opera and others but not for filezilla..

why?

if you want to get some serious replies about that you really need to include more information...
ezekiel_rage
roesaid wrote:

why?

There are tons of reasons why you cant use filezilla.

or any software for that matter.

maybe you can elaborate on problem you are experiencing.

Can you tell us about the network configuration.

Your Operating system.

among others.
Most of us here are geeks not mind readers. Very Happy
roesaid
ok2..
i use windows xp and i not have any problem using filezilla when i used LAN connection to connect internet,but when i used wireless connection to connect internet,my filezilla not working..

to connect the internet,i must used internet explorer and firefox only because it auto-detect proxy settings for network..but i can used opera with insert number of http and port in porxy server at its preferences..

however when i do like that to filezilla,it not working..

so,how?
cheeta
make sure there is no fire wall which is blocking the application...

turn off the Windows XP IFC and any other firewall like Network protection of AntiVirus system or Internet Security etc...
Jaan
Check the settings on your router. It may block Lan to wan packets or w/e. And what he said ^ make sure Windows Firewall is off, if you're on Service Pack 2.
Try using another program, there are heaps of good free ones.
Georgeboy
Hmm, it seems this is a strange problem. Did you change the router since you are using WLAN instead of WiredLan?
I suppose you want to filezilla for FTP-transfers? Or do you want to use it as server?
If you want to use it as an FTP-client, try to check next things:
- you can use all browsers for http protocol. Have you tested your browsers for ftp login? If this doesn't work, it will be a firewall problem.
- Firewall setting of your pc. Are you sure that ports 20:21 aren't blocked? Is the ip adress of your gateway allowed to communicate on these ports with your pc?
- What are the firewall settings of the router. This looks for me the greatest thing to check, because you could use filezilla when using wired LAN... Again the same ports must be opened.

I hope this could allready solve your problem.

Greetz