FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ddr333 is ddr3 ??

roesaid
i heard new RAM is DDR333,is it DDR3 ?

newest than DDR2 ?

i'm so confuse if it true,why must put 333 at the end,not 3 only ?
Helios
DDR333 is old DDR.

There is nothing better than DDR2 atm.
TheGeek
DDR3 is generally referred to right now as GDDR3 since it is only used in graphics cards. With the advent of AM3 in the future it will support DDR3.

DDR1 = DDR333, DDR400, DDR500
DDR2 = DDR2-667, DDR2-800, ect.
DDR3 = Yet to be released, speeds uknown (to me atleast)

If you say DDR333 it is DDR1 RAM that is running at a speed of 166mhz

If you say DDR3, you are referring to a totally different type of RAM.
roesaid
ooo...that mean ddr333 is slower than ddr2?
diduknowthat
roesaid wrote:
ooo...that mean ddr333 is slower than ddr2?

ddr333 is DDR ram. DDR2 starts at 400 and goes to over 1000. ddr333 runs at 166mhz like others have said. So yes, ddr333 is ALOT slower than the best DDR2's. Currently ddr333 is no longer used in any new computers.
PseudoKnight
To clarify, similarly clocked (mhz) DDR RAM performs similarly to DDR2 RAM. (for a while DDR performed better since it was more mature) However, DDR2 is improved to use less voltage and allows higher clock speeds. On most systems this means higher performance. It depends on what you're comparing, though.

But don't worry yourself about this. Just get the appropriate RAM for your system. Most new systems use DDR2. Look up which is right for your computer. You'll want to get the exact same kind that's already in there if you're adding to an already built system.
Studio Madcrow
Heh. This is all too new for me... I still deal with mobos that take PC100 DIMMS.
roesaid
what the newest RAM now?

or still DDR2?
sush
DDR333 is DDR1. DDR2 starts at 533MHz all the way upto 800MHz, which is the bar for DDR2 at present. DDR3 reaches effective clock speeds of 1400MHz.

The ATI X1950XT uses DDR4 RAM (clock unknown).
PseudoKnight
roesaid wrote:
what the newest RAM now?

or still DDR2?
Pretty much if you're talking about system memory. DDR2 1066 is the most common high-end RAM used right now.

Quote:
DDR333 is DDR1. DDR2 starts at 533MHz all the way upto 800MHz, which is the bar for DDR2 at present. DDR3 reaches effective clock speeds of 1400MHz.
Don't let this confuse you. DDR2 is not what it is because of clock speed. (ie. everything 533mhz and up is not automatically DDR2) The lower voltage and other improvements in DDR2 just allow it to go to higher speeds. When it first came out DDR2 was actually slower than DDR.
diduknowthat
sush wrote:

the x1950xtx uses GDDR4 ram clocked in at about 1550mhz. But GDDR and DDR is a bit different.
budazz
I tried DDR2 and im satisfied in terms of speed.... so DDR3 far on my concern,.,,,,, im still enjoying my new RAM... i wont spend another bucks just to try DDR3 if thers in the market.... but actually never heard about DDR3.... mybe im just a little outdated..........
djclue917
budazz wrote:
I tried DDR2 and im satisfied in terms of speed.... so DDR3 far on my concern,.,,,,, im still enjoying my new RAM... i wont spend another bucks just to try DDR3 if thers in the market.... but actually never heard about DDR3.... mybe im just a little outdated..........

DDR3 (SDRAM) is a yet-to-be-released DDR memory standard.
djclue917
diduknowthat wrote:
sush wrote:

the x1950xtx uses GDDR4 ram clocked in at about 1550mhz. But GDDR and DDR is a bit different.

Yep, diduknowthat is correct. Most modern high-end video cards nowadays use a different kind of RAM that is used as primary storage in computer systems. Thus, the 'G'.
tumpat
easy to say,

ddr2 newest than ddr333...
ganesh
In fact, for most of your queries, you can look up the appropriate Wikipedia entry. Not entirely reliable, but for a basic knowledge, it is more than usually enough. The relevant article is this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDR_SDRAM
swarna
ddr3 ??.. oh no... i hope no so fast to release... 'cause just use the ddr2's for 3 days...