FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Linux

Nevvb
Does anyone know how to setup linux? Couldnt find a tutorial
Arno v. Lumig
It's as simple as putting the CD in the CD reader and booting your PC...
{name here}
Arno v. Lumig wrote:
It's as simple as putting the CD in the CD reader and booting your PC...

If the CD does not boot from the drive you will have to go to the BIOS setup by pressing the delete key(NOT backspace) quickly after rebooting your computer. You will be presented with options, and you must put the CD booting priority just below floppy disk and above the hard drive.
TheGeek
What distro are you installing? Try www.google.com/linux Cool
stop3ros
You should try some distribution added to magazine or a book. This should be helpful.
Hmm by the way I don’t believe there is no tutorial. Every distribution that I was trying out had manual with how to install it. Tell us what distribution you are trying to install.
corey
I have to agree with the previous responses. Most Linux distributions will have an excellent installation documentation on their own website, which is usually named after the distribution. Read those first, as they're going to be the best source. But, yeah, most Linux installs now can be done with a few mouse clicks after putting in the CD.
sunpascal
Nevvb wrote:

very funny. Did you search for one in you grandmother's den?
sunpascal
Nevvb wrote:

try
http://www.google.com/search?q=linux+tutorial&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

I get 40,600,000 hits. Get ready to do some reading.
surdy
Ture all major Distros have well documented Installation Guides. Strange you couldn't find any.

Anyways you look very new to Linux

I suggest before going for the installion of LINUX on your hard disk, get a good feel of linux using Live CDs like Ubuntu or Knoppix. They run Linux from CD without having to install it on your hard disk
redice
This question is too big Smile .

You may try some common linux edition like Redhat. There are more article about how to install and setup the system. Another way, you may try the bootable ISO solution. Redhat/FC/Slackware/Debian etc all have bootable ISO version. They don't need more config to run it on. you may try some basic command or setup then going to a normal version.]
drioo
Get newest distribution. Burn ISO image file that you downloaded. Reastart the PC. Make sure that boot from CD ir enables and you will run installation automaticaly Smile Well the setup now is easy just as windows Smile