FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you post here for hosting, or for fun?

Why do you post here?
I like the community and forums
46%
 46%  [ 50 ]
I just want the hosting, and I post ONLY to keep it.
34%
 34%  [ 37 ]
this is a stupid question
18%
 18%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 107

arkebuzer
Just wondering, do you post here since you like the community and enjoy the forums, or do you just post here to get the hosting?

Personally I began to post here just for the hosting, but after a while I started enjoying the forums.

How about you?
Vrythramax
I can't speak for others, but it's a combination of both. But I'm mostly here just for the giggles Very Happy

This place and the people are just too cool....and the staff just rocks!
Josso
Well I guess it's a bit of both but I chose the first one in the end. Infact when I moved my site I had the idea of moving my forum as well onto the new server (away from Frihost) but I still posted here at the time because I like the community. I'm not sure why but this webhosting seems to attract quite a range of interesting and creative people onto one forum and I really find myself at home in quite a few forums (like the new Film making forum is really great Very Happy).
william
Definitely both. I came here, to Frihost, for web hosting. But, after some time in the forums, I really just started to come here because I enjoyed posting. This community is far superior to many of the other forums I've been on. For a short time, I didn't have a website here (well, I had hosting but wasn't using it) but I still posted at a regular basis. Until, I think May, I usually never went below 40 points. Now I never go below 45. Wink Anyway, I really like posting here and probably would post even if I didn't have hosting.
ncwdavid
I don't really post here for the hosting. Its mainly just because im bored and like talking to new people and helping them in some cases.
Aimewitue
i said both!i just like our frihost community
Srs2388
both
at first just the hosting... like when i had 10 posts.
Now I post to keep the hosting and its fun Smile
Keran
I believe it's a stupid question ;]
Cause if u say u post here for hosting only, the admins won't like you... and if u post here for fun, then... hmm i haven't worked that option out yet... Rolling Eyes
But still for me it's funny to see what odd topics can people think off to only get some quality posts here...
Vrythramax
Keran wrote:
Cause if u say u post here for hosting only, the admins won't like you... and if u post here for fun, then... hmm i haven't worked that option out yet... Rolling Eyes
But still for me it's funny to see what odd topics can people think off to only get some quality posts here...

Jeez....we aren't that bad are we? Even the "mean team" has a heart.
I think you will find, that in time, once everyone knows each other......we all care. Isn't that what's important?

BTW....new topic doesn't always eqaul a quality post. Wink
arkebuzer
Vrythramax wrote:
Keran wrote:

Jeez....we aren't that bad are we? Even the "mean team" has a heart.
I think you will find, that in time, once everyone knows each other......we all care. Isn't that what's important?

BTW....new topic doesn't always eqaul a quality post. Wink

I left out the option "both" for a reason Wink (it would make the choice way too easy)

Itīs really obvious some people just spam to get easy points, but at the same time some people really spend a lot of time helping others and putting a lot of effort into well written posts.

Personally I would probably stay active on these forums even if the points were removed. After all itīs quite a nice community =)
Rako
I mainly post here for the hosting but i also think the community is great and a good thing to do when I'm bored and meant to be doing assignments.
The_Gamer294
I started out for the points but now these forums are kind of my life.

(My points are low because I left for another host but came back. Frihost Rules)
shwetanshu
i do it for both but since my exams are approaching, i just came hee for hosting...else my account will get deleted ..
meet in rio
Both.

Occasionally, I notice that my points are dropping dangerously low and make a big effort to post a lot, but it's mostly for fun.
Vrythramax
It really seems it's a "both" thing from what i have seen of the posting, I'm here cuz I work for frihost now, but it didn't start that way.

I posted to get hosting at first, then I got to know the community.....now I make web hosting accounts, and get to moderate in the forums....the ugly frog makes good. Smile

Frihost Rocks!
standready
Like many I suppose, I started to get the hosting. The community is being so great keeps me in the forums now for more than just hosting.
ashen
Both. In the first time I post here for hosting, but now I think the community are very good.
saratdear
I am not currently making any websites, so I am posting here for just fun. First I came here for hosting, started posting, got my request accepted, and started making a website. But it became a disaster, and after that I just started liking Frihost a lot.
mukesh.cv19@gmail.com
Well i guess its for both ....
Laughing getting hosting is first thing n
Laughing n on top if we get gud friens thts advantage .. Arrow Arrow
dwcnps
I have voted; stupid question because Frihosters post for the host and love the forums. That's how frihost grew up (not that I was here when frihost basicly started but I've lived my part).
geyikkutuphanesi
i realy don't know why i m posting here Smile Cos a strange thng is cathcing me here. altough i don't need frih i wanna post smthng here. It may for fun or smthng like tht. i know i have enough frih to save my host but i come here again. Looking the topics tht i interest and posting them if i have smthng to post. maybe i love frihost Very Happy

tht is why there should be an other option;
" i don't know " Very Happy
hack_man_
Originally, I posted for hosting. But after I screwed up my site several times, i forgot about it and just post here for fun. But now I will take my site seriously. I am GOING TO WORK ON IT!! later...
hunnyhiteshseth
Frankly speaking I dont know. Like many others i moved to frihost in search of a free host.
But latly, I enjoy posting here. Infact, now I post more for enjoyment than hosting.
desertwind
For both. Hanging around her is fun, news, views all the juice. Plus a quality web hosting as added advantage.
Keran
See everyone is trying to win some trust with admins ;] Noone said so far that they are posting here just for hosting and without having "fun" doing that ;p
Or maybe your forums are just too addictive ;]
HazeCreations
i use it for both
Inferno619
To be honest, I just post here to keep my hosting. I don't hate, nor enjoy the community, but I would have to say that these forums are nice and good.
Vrythramax
Keran wrote:
See everyone is trying to win some trust with admins ;] Noone said so far that they are posting here just for hosting and without having "fun" doing that ;p
Or maybe your forums are just too addictive ;]

Admins trust huh, what about us lowly mods? I'm an Account creator by the way......we don't rate attention??

Sad

*sulks and hides*
Qube
I'm gonna go w/ inferno on this 1.
I actually just post to keep my hosting.
Sure that may sound bad, but look at it this way.
I have almost no time to read through all the crappy topics and find a quality thread that I feel the need to respond too.
It's almost painful to see what some of the members throw on here.

So ya, I'm rushing just to keep my hosting.
I honestly do love the community and forums though.
The bits of gold I do find once in awhile make it all worth it.
I love when I actually have to think. Very Happy
Keran
Vrythramax wrote:

Admins trust huh, what about us lowly mods? I'm an Account creator by the way......we don't rate attention??

In my own small world Admins=Mods in this forums ;] Can't really tell who is who.
And i was actually adressing Mods there, i dont know any admins of this network.

Btw it's easy to see who is actually caring about posting here who only cares for the hosting feature. People who Just write/anwser with only 1 sentence and not engagin into conversation... i'm watchin ya ;]
Agent ME
I usually like posting in these forums, especially looking in the programming ones.
crimson_aria
Both. I like forums a lot. I've joined many forums. I love posting in them. Visiting such a place every time I use the internet is just so fun. It's also a stress reliever for me.
Dark_Tiger
Both.

I wouldn't have joined had it not been for the free hosting, and if Bondings suddenly stopped offering hosting, you'd only know Ithat I've left by the vapor trail.

On the other hand, participating in a forum is fun. A paid hosting package (with a money back uptime guarantee) would only set me back $30/yr. I've dropped more than that at Burger King. I wouldn't be here if I didn't enjoy talking, abeit abstractly, with a wide range of people I wouldn't meet otherwise.
ninjakannon
It depends really.
If I have lots of work on (like at the moment) then I don't post so much, and really just make a few posts on the days which I can post to keep my points up, as well as for a bit of fun. But when I don't have much work then I'll come to Frihost for a good time, I'm doing that now, posting for fun; I really like the Frihost community, although there are some things which annoy me sometimes (such as spammers - which aren't common, luckily).

I like to help people on Frihost, if I can, too. And I love to get FRIH$ so I keep on posting, and I can't see any reason why I'd leave Frihost really. Smile

EDIT: Just a thought, I think I might even continue to post here if my hosting was stopped, but I could keep my account. Although, if everyone's hosting stopped (if server 2 crashed and was unable to be fixed (this is extremely unlikely, I know), for example) then most of the community would leave, and that would make me stop. My point is that I continue to most because of the community here, if the majority members of Frihost were not nice to communicate with, I might just leave - despite the free hosting.
Vrythramax
Nicely said Keran Smile

And to all those who simply "post to host".... Razz ,

your missing out on a great community.
Slick
used to like to post about, but after so many issues with people asking "your" opnion and then not liking it i just post to host... or hang about the technical areas like design, support, marketplace... n try to help out aswell as get help!

must admit frihost certainly has a rewarding forum for visitors, content and interactivity that even if it was just a forum i feel many would use it in just the same way they do now!

Cool
darrenpaul
I'm a post to host kinda guy, but will get involved. I think the community is somewhat too big and people come and go, to build up a real sense of discussion
Vrythramax
darrenpaul wrote:
I'm a post to host kinda guy, but will get involved. I think the community is somewhat too big and people come and go, to build up a real sense of discussion

Yes, the community is large, and many do come and go, but even more stick around.....I hope you will too. Smile
mstreet
I have to admit as you can see by my score at the moment I haven't been posting that much lately. I post for both reasons the hosting, which can't be beat, and the community. If anything it's a great way to stay informed about things around the world. I like finding out what other people have to say about everything out there. This is the only forum at the moment that I"m actually active in.
S3nd K3ys
For me it's mostly for the fun. At least at first.

I didn't really start using the hosting until just a few months ago.

There are several people with a large number of posts, with the same amount of points and fribucks, meaning their account is not being deduced on a daily basis, which means they're not using a hosting account. Meaning they're here just to be part of the community.

To see just how many, go to the Memberlist, and sort by Points Decending.
Blaster
I post here because the community is great. They are so helpful and most of the time the topics are really really good. Also its fun to be in a war with someone for stupid stuff Very Happy Plus all the moderators here are nice and i'm friends with most of them so its really nice and all. Very Happy
Vrythramax
@S3nd K3ys,

that only means they are not hosted, the point will always deduct daily, but thier posts and frih4 won't, they will always show as eqaul till they are hosted Wink

EDIT: thier points will always to rounded to 45, I'm not sure what your talking about....so I'll stfu.
Digital Thoth
It's only my first day here, so I'm here for free hosting. Who knows, though, I may end up liking it.
Blaster
Dont' you worry you will like it here i'm sure of it. the topics are really intersting.
AG007
I like this place because of the hosting, and the forums.
The forums contain lots of information, and also lots of fun. I like it here!
SpellcasterDX
At first, I posted only to keep the hosting, but then, I started liking the forums, and started to post for fun (and for help). These forums rock!! Very Happy
bdoneck
Hosting, I don't like forums too much though some are nice. This one is pretty good but it's just way too active for me and I can't keep up so I try and just stick to the hosting.
Donutey
Depends on how much free time I have.

Sometimes it's enjoyable to post, other times it seems tedious or even anger inducing because of people getting points for pointless posts. However, we wouldn't have FriHost without the posting (and subsequent ad clicking) so I can't complain. Rolling Eyes
bartdou
I post here for both. that's great, have a free account and space here, and also can practice english here, by the way , i'm an english learner Laughing COOOOOOOOOL
jylan
Because if there was I'd click it! Basically I'm here just for the free hosting, but I'm starting to appreciate all the info that can be found here. Laughing

BTW, I didn't vote. Rolling Eyes
ashok
both Very Happy
lukeropro
I post here for both reasons. Everyone here is nice and all, except for a few inconsiderate people
Vrythramax
lukeropro wrote:
I post here for both reasons. Everyone here is nice and all, except for a few inconsiderate people

Anyone in mind? PM me.....we can work it out.
Arseniy
I registed at here for hosting but now I lost interest to my first idea for hosting. And now I'm just staying here for fun. Hope I'll find new idea soon.
Becky
Where is a 'both' option? Cool
zjosie729
I like these forums, but I'm often too busy. So posting is more or less a chore for me.
Vrythramax
zjosie729 wrote:
I like these forums, but I'm often too busy. So posting is more or less a chore for me.

Poor thing....is Free Hosting a chore also??
lukeropro
Vrythramax wrote:
lukeropro wrote:

Anyone in mind? PM me.....we can work it out.

Most of them aren't regulars so don't bother
bogger
wewt for unregularity!

I may piss people off, but by the time I'm back, no one even knows they were pissed off at me!

And yes, I don't post here for fun, If i post for fun on a forum, I like to keep completely up to date, that's impossible on this forum, so I don't bother
greengrass
first for hosting...second for fun
vinx_18
I was just searching for a free web host at that time...Then I've found frihost. At first I am posting here to get a free host... but then I am having fun posting replys and topics .....
palavra
both of them
and
to practice my english writing.
arkebuzer
Becky wrote:

I didnīt want to make it too easy for people too choose Wink
(wich I maybe did anyways by the stupid post option)
Vrythramax
arkebuzer wrote:
Becky wrote:

it's all good Smile

Good topic at any rate.
Blaster
I took it that the hosting one was for only the hosting. So i picked the first one as kind of a both option.
Cephalic_Carnage
When I joined a few days ago, It was just strictly for buisness and al I wanted was to host. But I like it here so now it is for fun. And when I figure out how to get them to host, it will be for both.
jon9314
started out just for hosting but i'mstarting to like it
Vrythramax
jon9314 wrote:
started out just for hosting but i'mstarting to like it

Welcome! Smile

I think we all started out looking for hosting, then got involved....and liked it. Smile
bigdan
I do both. Smile
arkebuzer
Vrythramax wrote:
arkebuzer wrote:
Becky wrote:

it's all good Smile

Good topic at any rate.

Thanks mate =)

Blaster wrote:

I took it that the hosting one was for only the hosting. So i picked the first one as kind of a both option.

Yeah, thatīs pretty much how I meant the question Wink
I dont think thereīs anyone here that does not enjoy the forums a little... nor do I think thereīs someone that does not like the hosting service either... but as I put the question people would have to choose wich one is the most significant factor.
I like the outcome so far, fun to see a lot of people enjoy it here Laughing
Vrythramax
I've been here for almost a year now.....yes, I originally came for the hosting....but all of you guys are great! Smile

The community is just the cat's meow!
sorenity2
I have been searching around....and FriHost seems to be really good!
Vrythramax
sorenity2 wrote:

The mods keep it cool and it rocks! Even Bondings says something every once in awhile. Smile
venkateshwarans
I came here only for the hosting stuff. Recently, though I am more involved in the forum postings. I am becoming part of this community Smile Smile
arkebuzer
Vrythramax wrote:
sorenity2 wrote:

The mods keep it cool and it rocks! Even Bondings says something every once in awhile. Smile

With more than 8000 posts and an avarage of allmost 14 posts/day Iīd say he sure does post "once in a while" Laughing

palavra: that was a good point... havenīt thought about that one Smile
Hunterseaker
I post here for fun and for hosting....
The crew and the people here are nice, so The stay here is very nice...
And I keep my hosting, tho mostly for fun
eliasr
well, mostly the host, other times this have been good to get some points of view on topics.

my problem is that, i dont really find something exceiding to write / read about in here, it's so big, that those i might like, i never might read, so i can have a bit hard time finding something as i cna descuss in, mostly i seed some questions about something, and i see answears to it, but not really a big descustion between people, well, i might not have been looking enough in the treads, but well, the chrismas one probetly will.
darvit
Qube wrote:
I'm gonna go w/ inferno on this 1.
I actually just post to keep my hosting.
Sure that may sound bad, but look at it this way.
I have almost no time to read through all the crappy topics and find a quality thread that I feel the need to respond too.
It's almost painful to see what some of the members throw on here.

So ya, I'm rushing just to keep my hosting.
I honestly do love the community and forums though.
The bits of gold I do find once in awhile make it all worth it.
I love when I actually have to think. Very Happy

I totally agree!

Because this is a HUGE community, I can't keep up with all of the new posts and I can't really respond to all topics--either they're just weird or it's just too tasking to scroll down to read all the carbon-copy replies.

Being a member of a huge international community is really great, though. There's so much to read and see, so many influences and inspiration available... It's hard for me to actually "post" stuff because everybody's been saying the same things over and over again [and as I;ve said, I'm busy]... I still think that quality over quantity [though I believe some mods have scolded me for some mistakes Embarassed sorry]
hlavco
I post mostly for the hosting.

This forum is a bit too big for my tastes. With smaller forums you can figure out who everybody is and make friends, with this one I just spend a lot of time looking for a topic to post something in.
Alias
Me too.. I just post for hosting and I think there is nothing wrong with it.. Smile

I don't have that much friend in this forums... But I like to have some friends here so that I may enjoy staying and posting in this forums.
Vrythramax
arkebuzer wrote:
With more than 8000 posts and an avarage of allmost 14 posts/day Iīd say he sure does post "once in a while" Laughing

He is the Owner/Founder of Frihost....someone had to get the ball rolling!

*Side note* Bondings does much more behind the scenes than you imagine. Wink
Commando_Sondre
I do both, but most of the time it's just to keep my hosting.
arkebuzer
Vrythramax wrote:
arkebuzer wrote:

He is the Owner/Founder of Frihost....someone had to get the ball rolling!

*Side note* Bondings does much more behind the scenes than you imagine. Wink

Iīm sure he does Smile
My point was just that itīs nice to see him not only working with the hosting, but also taking an active part in the community.
Archetype
I generally post just to keep my hosting account active, but lately I've found myself coming here more and more because it's such a great, active community of people.

Either way, if I were to lose my hosting, I'd stick around. Very Happy
jt32470
I came here out of curiosity, basically, and yes to eventually get an invitation for the free site hosting, as i would really like to learn how to build a site without having to get a paid host. After viewing the topics, and the quality of content, i will definitely make it a regular place to visit regardless. It's hard to find a bb community with good content i think i've found it
Kaisonic
I post here just to stay hosted. Really the only community I post in for fun is the forums over at Rooster Teeth. Totally awesome.
Wynand
My case is actually a bit different than the usual story of I do not like posting but when I started, I liked it more and more.

I also do not like posting, and I did not start liking it. What I did start liking was that I was able to see how my thinking patters started changing over time. How my posts changed over time and how I reacted.

It really is a good feeling to go back and look at everything that you wrote. That is you, but only in electronic format.
jairon
At really, i'm posting for both reasons... i have just replyed a topic that talk about a pen trick.. hehehehe... interesting..
But now i'm interessed in start my account and host my site...
Laughing
riv_
I like the forums, but honestly, I don't always have the time.
Lately, I haven't been posting much. How am I supposed to be building web pages and nailing down this scripting stuff, if I'm chit-chatting on the forums all the time.
So I said that I like the forums. Because I do.
I just wish the says were about 26 hours longer! Shocked
Captain Fertile
I was initially drawn here purely for the free hosting and the idea of having to subscribe and contribute to a forum was a real downside.

BUT… …since joining I really enjoy the forum a great deal and I have gained much. It is the only forum I have come across with such a good mix of people, ages, tastes and topics.

The only other forum I have been so involved with was a Herpetological forum when I used to keep snakes. Even then I found the mix of people on there was rather restricted due to the forum theme with a lot of in-fighting amongst the various Herp groups plus of course the topics were almost all around Snakes etc. (as you would expect on a Herp forum).

All the other forums I have visited have either been full of people, mainly very young people, obsessed with sex or computer games or talking inane drivel. Don’t get me wrong I enjoy both sex and games and certainly have nothing against youngsters (I like them, I used to go to school with hundreds of them) but I don’t want to constantly answer if I have a girlfriend or if I have tried the latest Brittany Spears Dance Mat on my PS2!!!

Some older conversation occasionally would have been nice.

One thing that has concerned me over the last couple of days has been whether my enjoyment of this forum may have come across to others as spamming because I have made so many posts in such a small time.

I have to say that if I was spamming I would have stopped quite some time ago once I had acquired the required points etc. I currently have way over the requirement and I’m still typing away.

Also, I try to produce full posts with detail and hopefully in a way that make them interesting to read BUT when all that is required is a simple response that is all I will give. I feel that padding out an answer so that it looks like more text is as much of a waste of time than hardly answering at all.

Whenever I can I try to help people who are searching for something so that I am a useful member and not simply a prolific one.

As I suffer from agoraphobia (which I have mentioned in a previous post so wont bang on about here) it means I probably have more opportunity to post than most people and it is quite important to me.

Why is it so important?

I really hope this forum will allow me to make some friends I would not otherwise have made. It certainly helps me to build confidence and will allow me to make more journeys outside my house and get in touch with people face-to-face in the ‘real’ world and you never know, may even help me get over this dumb affliction.

So there you are, a full and frank account of why I use FriHost and why I use it so much.

I hope you understand and hope I haven’t bored too many of you.
theLOGANhole
Honestly For Now I seem just to post to keep my points in the positive, but I hope that soon I can start to enjoy the forums better.

I have never been a big forum person...I don't know I just guess it's not for everyone.
TheMasterCheaif
Vrythramax wrote:
I can't speak for others, but it's a combination of both. But I'm mostly here just for the giggles Very Happy

I agree wiith evrything above
Dougie1
Well I am here for the hosting but really like the forums also. I probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the hosting though.

The forums are great though
manumiglani
I am a frihost addict...............
Vrythramax
@Captain Fertile

I don't think you need worry, if you were spamming someone would have picked up on it and sent a warning. Your posts meet my criteria....and I'm a tough sell. Wink

Nice to have you here Smile

@manumiglani

I'm a Frihost Freak....but I'll never see that rank icon Wink
Daniel15
Well, when I came here, I posted here for the hosting, but nowadays I just post for fun (I actually help run a server elsewhere). I love the community here, it's a great community Very Happy
jayrelle
I post here for fun.! I like the environment,
people here are fast to reply especially in the hosting support... Twisted Evil
TheMasterCheaif
But know that i get more into the forums it's like...WOW!I did not realize theese forums were so good with very nice peaple on it it,I've seen no flammers whatsoever since ive been here.What a great board whoever the owner is THANK-YOU.
ninjakannon
TheMasterCheaif wrote:
But know that i get more into the forums it's like...WOW!I did not realize theese forums were so good with very nice peaple on it it,I've seen no flammers whatsoever since ive been here.What a great board whoever the owner is THANK-YOU.

The site owner and admin is Bondings, just so you know.
TurboPerformance
bit of both realy its mainly the hosting that attracts me here but i also like meeting new friends and all so yea abit of both
amusic
I am posting here for hosting for sure. Anyway, i think it's gradually become my routine job to post here.
Mannix
Mostly hosting, but I try to make my posts atleast seem coherent.
angel_of_death
i got a webhostin thing but hav never used it. wht a waste. Evil or Very Mad
so basically i come here just for fun. but since net aint workin gr8 rt no, im strugglin with the frihost points Crying or Very sad
i hope there were some way to get them Rolling Eyes
violetgnu
Same idea with angel.

Haven't started deving my webpage, but I've become addicted to the forum. Waste hours here. HOURS. Any longer and I'll end up in a clinic with a few washed up rock stars.
Davidgr1200
I started posting mainly to keep my website, but I often find interesting threads and post to them even if I am over the limit (thus not gaining anything extra). So again, both!
Jack_Hammer
Keran wrote:
Vrythramax wrote:

In my own small world Admins=Mods in this forums ;] Can't really tell who is who.
And i was actually adressing Mods there, i dont know any admins of this network.

Btw it's easy to see who is actually caring about posting here who only cares for the hosting feature. People who Just write/anwser with only 1 sentence and not engagin into conversation... i'm watchin ya ;]

How could you not know the almighty Bondings?

Shock horror!, Or mOrpheus?
Petee
Just like the majority of the people here, I originally started posting for hosting. Now I post for both, fun/community and hosting. Although recently I haven't had enough time to post for fun. I like how you can ask a question or for help on nearly any topic, and someone will be able to answer it for you. Or at least know what you are talking about Laughing
There aren't many other places that can say that Wink
icecafe
the main reason is for hosting.
Then , I think post here is a good opportunity to learn english
ninjakannon
icecafe wrote:
the main reason is for hosting.
Then , I think post here is a good opportunity to learn english

As you want to learn/improve your English I will correct your post so that you may perhaps learn from your mistakes; in fact, they (the mistakes) were small and I understood perfectly what you meant.
Here it is:
Code:
The main reason is for hosting.
Then again, I think posting here is a good opportunity for me to learn English.

I hope you have a good time, and good luck improving your English. Wink
hostingguy
Mostly i post for hosting to keep my account from suspending Wink
kevin briggs
mainly for my free hosting space,but i do enjoy reading and posting.some of you guys must have a lot of free time on your hands,or maybe you all work with computers and just chat and post when the boss is not looking.
keep up the good work,and thanks to everyone who makes the hosting space free. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Utopia GFR
Well I am using Frihost for hosting my website and because I think the forums are pretty much cool Very Happy

The concept of making it compulsory for the Frihost community to post messages in forums is original and makes people socialize and exchange interesting information about various life matters.

Furthermore, unless you really show no concern about the community (by not posting for a couple of weeks), you can still justify your absence with a moderator (zero tolerance policy sucks anyways and doesn't really apply here unless you deserve it).

Anyways, the service rocks Very Happy

Congratulations to Steve & the Frihost staff for the good quality job Smile
Slammer
Sure its a bit of both i think!
John6000
I need some good webhosting and this was recommended to me by a friend, It seems it will be more fun than just a choir seeming the great community you got here ;D
The3dx
In the start i post here for the hosting...
but now...i realy like this place...
it's never board in here....
i check this site likse 6-9 times a day and it's always have new post!

so for me...i like this forum...(and btw...i even dont have an host in here ;P )
so i hope you all keep posting like you always do...
and i glad that i find a good an activity community
pawelsz
Some time ago for sure I posted not only to keep my hosting... But now I don't have much time and I post here rather rarely. But what I must agree - the Frihost community is great (at least I think so) Wink and I hope I will be back... Because some topics are really great and not for dumping points.
Idoru
Wow, lot's of 'hosting-posters' here. Laughing
I just want to ad the fact that this communities idea is brilliant. To make that point,
I'll ask a question (though without naming any other hoster):
When was the last time you visited and enjoied a page at a free host with-out a pop-up blocker?
Here, that problem is solved by us, posting and making sites. We surf around those
pages with the necessary commercial to keep the free free. We don't have to
make our visitors put up with it.
So, in that light I ask you - Isn't it the same, to post is to host?
Then, ofcourse, the community has it's golden pieces and is from time to time quite
fun and interesting.
bl1nd
I was originally here for hosting... But now that i've seen how much of a great community this is, i think i'll stay a while, if not a while, a long time Wink
DeathlyHallows
I mainly post here for the great community; great admins, features, and members.

But since they ALSO give hosting..why not?
Blu_Spykz
Does anyone know roughly how many posts a day/week/month we have to do to ensure we keep the hosting?

That being said - I would not post as much as I do if I didn't want to keep the hosting...it is complicated, but far more reliable than other places such as sitesled, freewebs.

However, I do like posting - so this doesn't bother me so much as I can still contribute to discussions and debates.

Thanks Frihost *(y)*
pashmina
Seriously i like to post, it really give me the solution to my problem. i have solved my many queries in this forum.
ninjakannon
Blu_Spykz wrote:
Does anyone know roughly how many posts a day/week/month we have to do to ensure we keep the hosting?

The minimum posts you need to make is one per day once your hosting has begun. This is because one point is detracted daily (or your points are reset to 45 if they are greater than that) and one post will give you from one to four points [and FRIH$]. I would recommend making at least two posts, however, to make sure that - if you ever miss a few days or weeks (for example if you go on holiday) - your points are still high. Although, if you make at least one four point post a day then you should be okay.
Blu_Spykz
ninjakannon wrote:
Blu_Spykz wrote:

The minimum posts you need to make is one per day once your hosting has begun. This is because one point is detracted daily (or your points are reset to 45 if they are greater than that) and one post will give you from one to four points [and FRIH$]. I would recommend making at least two posts, however, to make sure that - if you ever miss a few days or weeks (for example if you go on holiday) - your points are still high. Although, if you make at least one four point post a day then you should be okay.

many thanks for that - appreciate it Very Happy
TDesign
i don`t know
Im new here and you think "He is dor hosting here" but i want to be a part of this Community and help others ehen they get a problem with PHP or Photoshop or something else.

Im for Hosting and For Community
Jert14
well... i started to get hosting but its getting cool to post alot of post xD.. but necesary the host... haha.. this is a cool site.
poiko123
As some have also said, initially my intent was only free hosting, but the boards seem pretty cool so I enjoy posting. The variety and freedom of topics is much of the reason for this.
iNs@nE
Well, I started off with the intention to get webhosting but then I kinda started liking the concept of posting here. Good way to kill time when you got nothin to do. And its good that people are actually active out here on these forums and at the same time you get to know stuff. Good Place!
Billwaa
the truth is I am just trying to keep my hosting. Because I am more interested in science, 3D modeling, programming field, and there are many specific forums out there for those with a lot more people that will answer your question more reply your topic, so I think that is better.
tefa_taftaf2010
to be honest

i only post to keep hosting at first but when new forums added i dicided

to post in it at all times but now i dont have a time to log on th internet just now i'm posting to keep the hosting but when i finish the exams i'll post in all forums because i want to learn many things from you all
munkey_boy
Vrythramax wrote:

Oh! Your a mod, when I used to post for hosting and fun here you weren't. Now I just come and post whenever I'm bored.
Ranti84
Most of the time I only post here for the hosting. Occasionally there are some threads I'm interested in posting.
SFMeatwad
i post here for hosting
xkobram
arkebuzer wrote:
Personally I began to post here just for the hosting, but after a while I started enjoying the forums.

How about you?

The same like you, I had about -60p so i posted much and then i started to like to post mostly on Ralationships forum. And at christmas i posted like mad Very Happy Laughing
DSGamer3002
I originally came here just to get free hosting, and post only when I need to. However, I've looked around the different boards and think I might become a more active user than I thought. I chose liking the community and free hosting. Smile
alissavb
I joined for the hosting. Hopefully I'll grow addicted to the forums. It'll make this more enjoyable, and it'll be killing two birds with one stone: taking care of boredom, and keeping my hosting available. Very Happy
TomGrey
I did come here for the free hosting. But I don't use it!

But now I'm too busy to really run Yet Another Site -- since I have mo'time blog and a few Blogger blogs and even a Xanga and WordPress blog I don't use.

I thought inactivity was based on weekly activeness; didn't realize it was daily!

Since I'm an Instapundit, Politics and War and Libertarian Paternalist minarchy sort of guy, the forums here aren't as good as some blog comments, for me.

But I want to do more this year, so I'll come back here more often. The idea of a "free", but good service, yet only for the active community, is pretty cool.
xanarulz
I came for the combination of both...I wanted a better hosting service (unlike my unreliable other hoster) and I post to see how everyone else is doing, so mainly it kinda worked out for me, plus I love actually seeing an active community (although they are getting forced to post to keep up their sites)
sbjafri
im posting for both, i like it when their is a community
Blu_Spykz
I have replied to this before, stating that, although I like posting, I am here for the hosting service.

That was just 1 week ago.

Now, I have raked an average of 9 posts per day, and actually enjoy it. It is a good way to vent before lunch time or in the middle of the night.

I am now here for the fun of posting (and the hosting comes free!)

aCe.
Ducksteina
When I started posting here, I just posted for my hosting. Well, at least I'm honest. Very Happy
However, now I also post for the fun here. It's a really nice community!
Helios
Only for fun Smile

If it wasn't for fun, I wouldn't be here long time ago.
Silent
im new here but id say its both. Everyone seems so nice so it seems stupid to not hang out and have some fun. And well i cant say the webhost is amazing casue ive been waiting 3 days for it to let me host but i still havent be able to Confused ... But yea this site is cool and i figure many of u play the same games as me so i think i will have some fun meet some new people and just chill!
ALostSoul
Vrythramax wrote:

Agreed.
duckling
i like the communities. i have lots of memberships at lots of forums. i think the forums are the best place to learn new things, have fun, laugh and solve your problems. i first look at the PHP & MySql part if there's interesting topic to read and then the General Chat.

if only there was more active users Sad
ninjakannon
duckling wrote:
if only there was more active users Sad

Talk about ironic! You yourself aren't too active on FriHost are you? Yes, you do have over 200 posts, but you're in negative points so I really wouldn't class you as 'active'. Confused
skygaia
Actually, I voted the second one (to keep hosting).
But I have another reason to post here.
It is to practice my english. I'm from Korea. English is my second language. I want to improve my english skill but it's not easy for me to do that... because in my country there is good environment to practice english.....
So I post here to keep hosting and to practice my english..
jds10912
i found out about frihost when i was looking for some free hosting to mess around with trying to make a website over the summer, and now i come back every now and then for fun, and for exchanging frih bucks for signitures and random things like that. i still have a website, but its not hosted here anymore
ninjakannon
skygaia wrote:
Actually, I voted the second one (to keep hosting).
But I have another reason to post here.
It is to practice my english. I'm from Korea. English is my second language. I want to improve my english skill but it's not easy for me to do that... because in my country there is good environment to practice english.....
So I post here to keep hosting and to practice my english..

skygaia, your English is very good. Well done! You're much better at English than I am at German and I've been learning for over 3 years.

I must say I'm often impressed with foreign people's English; often their grasp of the language is better than some of the people who live here in England! Yours included skygaia. We English are so lazy when it comes to learning foreign languages - I'm assuming it's because so many people in other countries speak English we just don't bother so much. It's not good, but the attitude over here is so terrible and I'm sure it's not going to change.
fromegame
1. To keep te hosting I have.

2. To practice English also, however, I can do that at school also (I'm Dutch and 13 years old Laughing )

3. For fun, because the admin of my favourite-forum forgot to pay his bill for the webhosting Rolling Eyes (how dumb can you be Rolling Eyes)
Ethan Bradley
So far I post to get hosted...yet I don't have 5 posts/10 points yet. But the more I read topics and see what others say, I start to like the community for being the community and not just a means of getting a host. Very Happy