FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Lengths you are going to to buy a Wii

Yantaal
1. Sold my PS2 + Games 80
2. Found some gold rings on the floor 100

Sorted.

But i did hand the rings into the police, im goign up today to see if i can have them. Very Happy

Anyone else selling, whoring, trading, stealing to get a Wii?
BlockUp
1. Convinced my dad to buy a Wii, four controllers, and the new Zelda game.
(I used his love of tennis to tempt him into the illusion that we'll have double games in the living room)

Yantaal wrote:
Sorted.
The Shogun
Well, I have a job so I just paid for it. Really now, were you expecting something exciting? Also, I preordered it, so that's covered. I can just coast in whenever I want tomorrow and pick it up.
ItsWesley
I worked for it. Only a few weeks work and its paid for. However I don't know if I can be bothered with all the launch hassle, I might just get one later.
screamingdecay
The same thing I do everyday of my life.

Go to school, work part time in the ware house.
I got the money for one in one night Laughing Rolling Eyes So its already paid for, its just me taking my ass to walmart or what ever and seeing if they have one.
Victus13
I didnt really have to go any lengths.. I mean, it's relitivly cheap. At least compared to the 700$ Version of the PS3.

I wanted a PS3 more, but I can wait.
linkman2004
The only lengths I had to go to was to wait in line for 6 and a half hours holding a spot for my oldest brother, who was actually the person buying it. Man, it got friggin' cold outside of that Wal-Mart. Razz

On a side note, the Wii was most definitely worth the wait. Smile
1337Bender
I waited 12 hours outside of wal-mart it was fun we had a tv, gamecube, and a stereo. Tons of ppl brought there laptops it was almost like a lan party i would have done it if there was nothing to buy. Ppl keep looking at us and asking us what we were doing we said we were protesting or going to buy the much anticipated pwii360.
*pwii360 is a name we made up because everybody said are u buying the ps3 or that xbox thing.
Afaceinthematrix
I don't want to get one yet because I am not sure ow long that controller thing will last, it seems like after a year it would start to slow down and get annoying...
TarsajumaClan
im buying one in another 3 or four months
lukeropro
I wish I could get a game console. My parents never bought me one since I was born, not even a PS1 Sad Guess I'll just have to wait until I can earn money on my own, then it's GAME TIME!
kucomp
lukeropro wrote:
I wish I could get a game console. My parents never bought me one since I was born, not even a PS1 Sad Guess I'll just have to wait until I can earn money on my own, then it's GAME TIME!

Your PC can be a game console. I play all of my favorite games on it! Very Happy
Ghengis
I strolled up to Costco and got a reserve ticket a hour and a half before they opened, then got back in my warm car to wait Cool

Seriously, this thread isn't going to be half as interesting as a similar one about the PS3 would be -- they had about 10x more Wiis, and they cost about 1/3 as much. Not to mention the fact that Wiis might sell for $100 over retail on ebay, maybe, while PS3s are regularly going for 3-15 times retail (which is, of course, insane). I tried to get one to resell (I have credit card debt too, you know!), but I didn't try very hard, so no luck.
rightclickscott
My friend, Dan, camped out in the rain for one, and dropped $620 for the Wii, 3 full controllers with nun-chuck additions, and 5 games. I'm gonna be spending alot more time with Dan.
DailyFall
Im going to wake up at 4-5 a.m., travel over 100 milles(back and forth, so its more like 200-250 milles), cross the border, and spend waaaay over 400 dollars to get a Wii and a lot of games an controllers, also my friends are going to get wiis for themselves, so we are going to end with 4 wiis, like 12 controllers, 2 Zeldas, 5000-10000 wii points

Also, like the last time, we are going to get lost on the way back and end up in a completely different city than the one we crossed the border at the beggining
Whong
DailyFall wrote:
Im going to wake up at 4-5 a.m., travel over 100 milles(back and forth, so its more like 200-250 milles), cross the border, and spend waaaay over 400 dollars to get a Wii and a lot of games an controllers, also my friends are going to get wiis for themselves, so we are going to end with 4 wiis, like 12 controllers, 2 Zeldas, 5000-10000 wii points

Sounds really great, Wii has just been released in America and it seems that it is selling really well. Oh, boy still about two weeks for it to arrive in Finland.

Just can't wait! Very Happy
TheSublime
My friend and I waited in line at a Target for about 4 hours from 4 to 8 a.m. Unfortunately I didn't end up buying one, but my friend did, and I sold my place in line for $20. I think I'll end up getting one next year though