FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Strange error.....

salman_500
hey guyz....

i installed this game made by a groupl of frendz..... its a local game...

and it runs on my other frendz comps perfectly...

but when i put it up on my pc... and ran it...it gave me this...

Code:
C:\dev\cineplay23\StreetSpeed2\cpGERDFactory.cpp line 163 :

[ 0 ] is false.

'yes' to debug and 'no' to resume.

ok when i tell it to debug... it gives and error ...that send report one... anf if i tell it to resume... the same box comes up again and the only change is that it then says line 173 ....

wen i degug...again error...and when i resume.... it repeats the process showing both errors alternatively.....

now when i tried to look for dev file in C:\ it wasnt there...even with hidden files shows... it wasnt there... the search didnt show up anything either....

any suggestion what i should do...

thnx !
simophin
you should ask your frienz if they have given you the complete files. The error may be that it's lack of some head files to build. Or you can ask your frienz to give you the executable files which filename are ended with .exe
salman_500
but what if i still get the error....

like i said...it works well on other comps which have installed it from the same cd....
Traveller
It would seem that "C:\dev\cineplay23\StreetSpeed2\cpGERDFactory.cpp" is one of the original source files, and the error is occurring within the binary code produced FROM that source file. You won't find any C:\dev on your computer (unless you have one of your own) because that is the directory, on the developer's system, where the program was built.

So, that is probably not the error. Instead, it would appear that something is different between your system and the systems upon which it DID work. Maybe there is some other kind of driver, etc., that it is trying to access.

Unfortunately, the error messages tell you the LINE in which the error occurred, but they don't tell you the source-code statement that is actually ON that line so, without your having the original source code, there is no way for you to analyse it.

On the other hand, a quick search of Google for "cpGERDFactory" found this article which, although not mentioning your exact product, seems to make sense, especially if you check out the "system requirements" for similar products at that site. The error shown there is:
Quote:
C:\dev\cineplay22\StreetRacer\cpGERDFactory.cpp line 80 failed: Expression [gerd] evaluates to false.
That is VERY similar to what you are getting, and their first statement about that error is:
Quote:
This title *REQUIRES* DirectX 8.1 and a DirectX 8.1 supported video card.

Thus, the first thing you should check is to make sure that the machine upon which you are getting the error has an up-to-date version of DirectX (or, at least, no earlier than 8.1). See this information for how to do that. Also, compare the version of DirectX on the machine with the error against the versions on the machines where the program worked.
salman_500
hey...

thnx for the long help post.....

well even though i use direct X 9c i still get the error... but it doesnt seem to matter any more...

i played the game on a frendz pc... and its to much of "Must Play !"... Razz

thnx though !
salman_500
hey...

thnx for the long help post.....

well even though i use direct X 9c i still get the error... but it doesnt seem to matter any more...

i played the game on a frendz pc... and its to much of "Must Play !"... Razz

thnx though !
LethcanAernis
Compile sounds like they done the game in Linux or something. Sure it is not a Linux machine your friend have? You probably need to install some libraries to your PC for it too work. And like the others in here says... try get a precompiled exe file.
LethcanAernis
Did you try my suggestions?