FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Favourite Staratagy Game.

gnas
Mine is Red Alert. Its the best stratgy game i have played. I started on it when i got a fracture and once i did at least 20 of my days went like a ziffy. Try it out. Its really a great game.
Zligor
One and only - Heroes of might and magic serial.
ignition
I agree on the greatness of Red Alert. Just goes to show that newer is not always better. I remember kicking some ass in that game way back 5,6 years ago, and it is still one of the best games I have played. I wish it would run on XP...Red Alert, the C&C series, and the Aftermath expansion for RA were all some of the best RTS games I've ever played.

As for modern games, I still play Warcraft 3 occasionally and I do enjoy it. Blizzard has always made good RTS (starcraft, WC2) and Warcraft 3 was just a continuation of that. I also really enjoy Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - one of the best RTS games I've played in quite a while Smile
tfx
Blizzard Games(Starcraft, Warcraft) are no. 1
Eagle
Blizzard games are my absolute number one
Alienz
1. Red Alert
2. Romance of Three Kingdom
3. Warcraft
angel
I like all type stratgy games.
include Real-Time, Turn-based and smulation games.
kydd
Id have to go with redalert 2
bogger
cossacks deserves an honourable mention, although RA1 was really fun, all those lil infantry getting squashed by their own tanks

at the mo i'm also Dawn of Warring, albeit i can't get my latest patch to work,
gh0stface
StarCraft and WarCraft are probably my favorite RTS. I've tried playing Red Alert once with some friends when they tried to get me to stop playing StarCraft, but it just didn't appeal to me. I'm not sure why. I always just fell back to StarCraft for it's simplistic feel.
Monkeydog
Always the Age of Empire series.
I do enjoy Red Alert 2 and somewhat Starcraft but AOE2 has to be my favriote.
mr.e
My favorite stragety game is chess, I like playing games against real life opponents better, as online they seem to quit before the game is over.
nntien
mr.e wrote:
My favorite stragety game is chess, I like playing games against real life opponents better, as online they seem to quit before the game is over.

I think so, make our thinkings better and better. Practice our brain, play chess.

Do you know Chinese Chess?
bao
Starcraft is my like.Red Alert is my first RTS. Smile
masterevil
civ3 of course...
HoMaM is a mixture of RPG and TBS(turn based strategy)
Empire earth2 is good too...
nik
red alert is the no 1

warcraft go to second place

and empire earth get the third place
RavenCross
Strategy Games.. hmmm.. Some of my favorite strategy games are Starcraft, Battle Realms, Red Alert 2, C&C Generals and Warcraft.
Its nice playing against ur frends..
ddd2pt
It is difficult to choose a favorite. But I like the C&C series a lot, I have all the games of this series (Red Alert, Tiberian Sun, Renegade, Generals...)
Also like Act of War.
brqsl
settlers, simcity. i like economics games, with building cities, infrastructure, relations. when i wrote settlers i wasn't thought about the newest part (hok), for me... it is not settlers game.
illini319
All this talk of Red Alert and C&C etc... What happened to Total War? Rome? Medieval TW? Hands down, one of the best strategy games out there.
Psycho.09
i think c&c genrals zero hour is the best stratgy game the grapics are far better than red alert 2 and the genrals mode is realy cool
v-d-online
Championship manager... all versions are great... it's keep you playing
Natrualkiller
I like Starcraft, Warcraft, C & C it always changes C & C is on top for me at this moment
gg0mjm
My top three:
Civ 4
Rome Total War
Master of Orion II
heady233
gnas wrote:
Mine is Red Alert. Its the best stratgy game i have played. I started on it when i got a fracture and once i did at least 20 of my days went like a ziffy. Try it out. Its really a great game.

My favorite board game is stratego.
Team Hedgehog
Command & Conquer: Red alert 2 Yuri's Revenge.
I love that strategy game, even better than "General".
ForceRun
1. StarCraft - Still get the guys together and play this...
2. C&C - And I agree Red Alert 1 was a blast. (It works with XP, just Right Click on the .exe after installing it, select Properties and click the Compatiblity Tab, under compatibility mode check the 'Run this program in compatibility mode for' Box, and select Windows 98 Apply and Play.) {Works with a lot of older games and Apps}
3. HomeWorld (Space Sim more of but a Sweet game)
4. Counter-Strike I consider that is has a lot of Strategy
abhishek_2410
mine is age of empires
Ascaron
My favorite strategy game is Age Of Empire. It's the best now!!! Also I like Rise Of Nations!
vediban
1-Age of Empires 2-3
2-Warcraft
3-Starcraft
4-Empire Earth 1-2
5-LOTR:Battle For Middle Earth 1-2
6-Rise of Nations
7-All C&C 's !!!
8-Oh I nearly forget Civ 1-2-3-4 Series !!!
Nameless
To be fair, I haven't played many of the most 'popular' strategy games, or have only briefly played them. Nevertheless, I would say my favourites strategy games was not any of them, but instead the Advance Wars series for the GBA and DS.
boysrule
Strategy game? of course Warcraft III : Frozen throne.. There's DotA Razz And also the well-known strategy game world-wide..
Dj_honorio
Seriouly i like almost all the strategy games.. it's the only game genre i never get tired of playing.. but of course, there is one strategy games series that i love more than all the other strategy games.. Age of Empires.. all of them are amazing, and this Age of Empires III completly drove me crazy
amusic
I like starcraft and red alert. Used to play it from day to night. Now not playing strategy game anymore, playing RPG. Smile
Pikokola
Welll... I like Command And Conquer, All of them, started from Tiberian Sun, Red Alert, Yuri's Revenge, etc.

And about warcraft, i'm sure I love it much, but sometimes I get bored too fast by it. Sad

And then... homeworld 2 (eventhough I must upgrade my Pc to play it XD) The graphic sure great, and it's sure hard too Smile)

Oh yeah, did you know that Suikoden II (Ps2) have a RTS battle too (since Suikoden 1~4 the battle isn't RTS (it's turn based strategy I think) but now it's Real time strategy Smile)
djpupeikis
to my stategy games is going to borred. I think all is good but you need learn to play it and be wise............... krc
huggur07
My favorite strategy game is Age Of Empire.
Hanpusu-kun
StarCraft.
Why?
It couldnt be more balanced and a better story
darth_revan
starcraft... and about the story... i think warcraft3 is good too.
Master-
Age of Empires series!

What else should be able to beat that?
webek
I very like Warhammer 40k: Down of War, Age of Empires (I prefer first part), C&C (especially Generals), Stronghold 1 and Lord of the Rings - Battle For Middle-Earth 1 & 2.
Traveller
My favourite strategy game is Go. It is very easy to learn, but very difficult to master, and it has more possible permutations than Chess or video/computer games.
EvilOreo22
Ok, Tiberian Sun is by far the greatest strategy game ever made. I've tried red alert, but it's just not the same. Tiberian Sun takes the cake!
djsamsung
Command and Conquer : Tiberian Sun is the best strategy game ever!

I really love that game and now they're making a new one! Command & Conquer : Tiberium Wars is coming. WooHOO! Very Happy
HoboPelican
Chess
Flattop
Blitzkrieg

Sorry, I like computer games, but for real thinking, Chess is it for me. And I loved the old Avalon Hill games, it was just hard to find opponents to play them!
Omerman
my favorit is red alert2 Laughing
selim06
i think
*Rome: Tatal War
*Age Of Empires 2-3
*Empire Earth 2
*Heroes
*Warcraft
cghq
the age of empires series has to be my favourite Smile ..... probably aok (age of empries 2) the best, age of empires 3 is good but I dont like it as much as #2 for some reason Wink
Nisk
Well "Age of Empiers III" is N 1
And i think final fantasy is classified as a strategy game so i'd go for that.
Gitesh
Strategy games are my favourates apart from the Need for speed series.,
I started out with Red Alert,. then was hooked to Age of Empires, and now spend my sleepless nights with rise of nations.
mukesh
vediban wrote:
1-Age of Empires 2-3
2-Warcraft
3-Starcraft
4-Empire Earth 1-2
5-LOTR:Battle For Middle Earth 1-2
6-Rise of Nations
7-All C&C 's !!!
8-Oh I nearly forget Civ 1-2-3-4 Series !!!

I know only warcraft and starcraft both blizzard games which I like too much But don't know about these others.
Dementei
Gitesh wrote:
Strategy games are my favourates apart from the Need for speed series.,
I started out with Red Alert,. then was hooked to Age of Empires, and now spend my sleepless nights with rise of nations.

Strategy games? Last I checked this old thread was about staratagy games, don't know where you pulled up this 'strategy' genre..

/sarcasm
..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
lightningleo
My favorite Strategy Game is Dawn of War Soulstorm. I know its an old game but still i've not found more interesting strategy game than this. Share your thoughts:
misterspawn
I hate strategy games .
cnitolo
All the Red Alert Serie, All the Warcraft and Starcraft! I already play almost all and love all. Lost nights and nights playing them!
memno
CNC:Red Alert I and II: I can over-defense anyone, then take out their ore supply, electrical grid, all before coming in with my tesla army and wiping out their defense.

Civ II: I will have bare minimum defense and maximum wonders until I decide our peace treaty is void, then I'll unleash my tanks and air-drop units to take over your civ, town by town until there is nothing left of you.

Kessen 2: haven't played enough to even know if there was a multiplayer option. . .

WoW: If you come solo into my territory expecting a standard small-village raid, my Warlock will hide in the shadows and wait to DoT you when you've killed a fair share of NPCs and are regenerating your health/mana and such. I will impede your future progress and send a minion to aggravate you before summoning my stead for flight if I feel you are too high of level for me to take out personally.
pravojednostavno
My favorite strategy games are Victoria 2 and Rise of Nations
ps3computer
Mine is any kind of tower defence game.
for example, Vector Tower Defence
Adalew
Halloween Quest is my best
supermanlovejan
Red Alert. ............warcraft...........
Da Rossa
Blizzard Games (2). I only play Starcraft, but I know Blizzard does a very decent job.
RosenCruz
Oldies of course. Successors were never that good according to originals

RA2 was awesome, RA 3 was terrible for me

AOE 2 was a legend and it still is. AOE 3 was not that good imho.

Same goes for Starcraft. Second installation of series is not a legend like the original