FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dogs or a hampster ???

tim-cutts2
Hey all, ive got a question, dog or a hampster. My sister is driving me crazy. She wants a hampster and i wasnt a dog. A dog is so much better than a hampster. Dogs a mans best friend, what does a hampster do go round in a wheel through the night and wake you up and sleep all day. Nah i think a dog. Hopefully some of you can help me out. lol Smile

Tim
S3nd K3ys
tim-cutts2 wrote:
Hey all, ive got a question, dog or a hampster. My sister is driving me crazy. She wants a hampster and i wasnt a dog. A dog is so much better than a hampster. Dogs a mans best friend, what does a hampster do go round in a wheel through the night and wake you up and sleep all day. Nah i think a dog. Hopefully some of you can help me out. lol Smile

Tim

Compromise.

Get a hampster and a dog, then let the hampster loose and with any luck the dog will eat it.

Wink
ThornsOfSorrow
Laughing Poor hamster...

Anyway, if hamsters are anything like guinea pigs, they die fast. I had three guinea pigs as a kid, and I was heart broken when each one died after a couple of years. I'd get a dog; they're a lot harder to take care of, but at least they live longer.
cloudship
i like dogs :> so cute and smart.
Drawingguy
That's true. Hampsters generally have a life span of two to three years. A dog's life generally depends on the care it's given, as well as the breed, so if you get a smaller dog (that generally lives longer), you have to be prepared to take care of it for a while to come.
thealpha
I prefer dogs, haha
Kelvin
i'll go for the dog. With good care, a dog is able to live to about 20 years. Besides I don't think you'll get much of a response from a hamster when you call it. Are hamsters able to learn commands like dogs? anyone? So it depends if you'll like a passive (hamster) or proactive (dog) pet.
Blaster
I have both. I have two dogs fish a turtle a cat and a hamster. I think that the dog is better. You can atleast do things with the dog. Your parents should get a hamster for your sister and you should get the dog.
nigam
I rather go for a dog.
Daisie
only one word against dogs : poopyscoop....
Danives
You have to think though, a dog is a lot more maintenence, feeding grooming, taking for walks, potty training, picking up its faceas etc. Whereas a hamster it just runs in its wheel, eats what you put in and you only need to clean its cage once a week at most! Albeit dogs are more fun, but you can also have fun with hamstyers, building them a tube maze...heh...make sure they dont get out though...poor old Henry...

Dan
Blaster
But dogs will protect your property for you and all that good stuff. Sure you may have to clean up after them but its really not that bad. Training isn't really that hard for a dog. It might take some time but they do live longer also. My sister had a hamster that lived less then a week.
Jeyon
I'll prefer hamster Very Happy

1. They're cute
2. Easy to take care
3. Their not so noisy compare to dog.
Peterssidan
Dogs are big and clumsy! They are less klever than a cat but I think they are more klewer than a hamster. If I should pick one it should be the hamster. It's more easier to take care of but I prefer none. Boo hoo!
scandatanta
Hamsters tend to live short lives, I think you get much more attracted to them because they live a long time. Hamsters are the cutest things and fun to watch but sadly they die rather fast and its not nice to keep going through that Sad
springbok
Both,

I have 2 dwarf hamsters that are a load of fun. Looking to get a Staffordshire terrier, had one when I was younger, loved it to bits.
Ozzy
Dogs.

Never had a hamster. Closest thing I ever had to a hamster was a rabbit and a pet rat. Too young to remember the rabbit.

The rat was pretty cool, taught him a few tricks.
But yeah, Dogs wins this. A hamster can't protect your house.
pluppen_2
I say dog because i have one.
My other one died for 3 weeks ago Sad.
it was a tax.
Its a beagle i have.
Are some1 other here haveing a beagle?

We are hunting whit our beagle called axa.
Its a hunting dog Razz
cvkien
i have both of it but recently my hamster just died. i also don't know why. dog use to royal to human but hamster always tried to find ways to escape from your house. and hamster is hard to take care of. they need to eat someting different from human, but dog eat what human eat. that the different. but hamster is active than dog and it is more clean than dog because i use to put it into it's cage, a small cage.
KellaDayne
i don't understand, why wouldn't you get both? guess hamster is such a small pet, that you won't even notice it, if you are busy with your dog!
rheanna
Dogs... I feed the hamster to the snake... Cool
Bannik
get both
mate them
and get a hampog .....
pul3kk
definetly dog - hampsters are boooring Confused
sanwixh
Definite dog.

Dog's are more fun and energetic, you can see their eyes bright up everytime you they come up to you (which is cute)

I have nothing against hamsters though, i use to have some though their not that much interactive, oh yeah if your gonna get one, get a teddy bear hamster, the siberian dwarf has a tendency to bite when you pet them
bassman
All growing up my mother would never let us get a pet that didn't stay in a cage. Obvviously, that meant we could keep hamsters, but dogs were out of the question. We went through sooo many hamsters. And you know, they were fun while they were babies- and a little longer, but we definitely got sick of them rather quickly. I'm not usually a dog person either, but my sister recently got a dog, and I think I love that dog more than any hamster I've ever owned. I feel like dogs relate a little better to people. You can actually play with them. Hamsters smell worse than dogs too. So, to answer the original question, dogs are much better than hamsters.
TheGustav
I vote you ditch both the dog and the hamster.... Go with a cat!

The cute little ball of fluff factor that a hamster has, and the life span and special features that a dog brings! Very Happy I'm sure both of you will be pleased with your choice!
adielo
TheGustav wrote:
I vote you ditch both the dog and the hamster.... Go with a cat!

The cute little ball of fluff factor that a hamster has, and the life span and special features that a dog brings! Very Happy I'm sure both of you will be pleased with your choice!

NICE Rolling Eyes
thealpha
i think dogs are more suitable, haha
roboguyspacedude
I like dogs bcause they can sleep with you and are actually touchable. They are much cooler than hampsters.
rsonic
I would prefer a dog. It's fun to have a dog becuase you can have training to it. Dogs know who you are, know you are the host, always want you to be their friend.
However, i think hamsters are only small pets that entertain you somehow, they will not take any response when you shout on them..haha