FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Add a Javascript Detector

alkady
This is a line of code I just learnt that I noticed frihost doesn't have,

<noscript> Insert Text </noscript>

what it does is make people aware that the javascript is disable, in any way you'd like to inform people. Or you can scare them with it and say,

"Hey buddy, I noticed your Javascipt is off, Go Here <Link> to learn how to activate it, if not, it's a ban!"
mathiaus
What's that needed for? If there was something required in javascript for Frihost to work I could understand but the only JS used (I believe) is for PM's and analytics.
Bondings
If you are talking about not being able to see ads, I'm probably going to remove the ad-blocker part from the TOS and also remove quite a few ads for members anyway.

And javascript isn't really needed on Frihost feature-wise.
jayandsilo
Bondings wrote:
If you are talking about not being able to see ads, I'm probably going to remove the ad-blocker part from the TOS and also remove quite a few ads for members anyway.

why?
reddishblue
Bondings wrote:

Bondings please, every ad we have gives you more money and that keeps our hosting, besides they are professionally placed so I see little reason to remove them.
ashok
reddishblue wrote:

Bondings please, every ad we have gives you more money and that keeps our hosting, besides they are professionally placed so I see little reason to remove them.

yes i agree with this.. ther's no need to do that

Smile
Bondings
ashok wrote:
reddishblue wrote:

yes i agree with this one.. ther's no need to do that

Smile

I won't remove them, just have less ads on 'better' placements. And with less ads users would maybe post a bit more which would largely compensate the loss in revenue in the long turn.
ashok
actually we never had any issue with the ads & posting.. at least i never bothered about the ads... less ads - more user posts - i don't feel so. but it's my opinion, may be we should put a poll upon this...
TeenZine
if you dont mind I like how the ads are now. There perfect except could you put a break after the line when your posting a topic/reply. I keep clicking that ad when I mean to click post topic/reply. Thanks
The-Master
TeenZine wrote:
if you dont mind I like how the ads are now. There perfect except could you put a break after the line when your posting a topic/reply. I keep clicking that ad when I mean to click post topic/reply. Thanks
I would say that is clever positioning!