FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Want to show my love for frihost

prototype_angel
Well, First of all I'd like to say that I tried moving to a different host(I don't know why, but it had a huge reputation) but after getting ridiculous troubles from the server rejecting me from ftp, and loads of other stuff, I changed the nameservers back to frihost. I didn't know where else to put this, so I put it here.

on a more serious note, I want to put a little linkback on my weblog. I Get only about 80 hits a day, can someone suggest a small gif to put up.
prototype_angel
and what happens if the points go below zero. I do hope nothing happens. I will be more active from now on.
Bondings
Your points are positive now, please keep them that way. Wink

If you want to link to us, the easiest thing would be to simply use a text link. It's also the most effective/visible in most cases.

Code:
<a href="http://www.frihost.com/">Frihost</a>

or

Code:
<a href="http://www.frihost.com/">Free php hosting</a>
mikethm
Rather than start another thread, I'll use this one. Smile

I would say Frihost is the best free webhost around all things considered( sure your uptime isn't all that professional at the moment). Let's just say I have tried quite a few in the last month looking for the free webhost with the best uptime and features.

1st off, Frihost is simply the best feature wise. You dudes are Ad free( that eliminated 2/3 of the competition. The large 200MB webspace which leave much room for expansion leave 2/3 of the remaining competitors in the dust. Add the other features like PHP, CGI etc and we got rid of another 2/3 of the competitors... Now add your control panel with the ability to point to server2 instead of pointing to your nameservers... All the competition are eliminated.

Thanks to your cool control panel, I am able to point my domain website to Frihost server and leave my MX/CNAME records on my domain registrar pointing to Google domain beta which offer 25 @mydomain.com addresses( plus catchall address) with 2GB of storage each.( but to be honest here, if google offer PHP, CGI and FTP features, I'd ditch frihost in a hurry hohoho)

However there is room for improvement in term of uptime, I would say frihost's uptime is around 95% which is decent but not that wonderful. Certainly much better than most of the other free webhosts I had tried. But poorer than a few who unfortunately have no PHP support. I hope this is largely due to your recent server kernel upgrade and the script problem which have or will be resolved. If frihost can reach around 98% uptime, I would be over the moon.

Good work Bondings and your guys!
-removed by Bondings, this is in breach with the Adsense TOS-
Bondings
mikethm wrote:
However there is room for improvement in term of uptime, I would say frihost's uptime is around 95% which is decent but not that wonderful. Certainly much better than most of the other free webhosts I had tried. But poorer than a few who unfortunately have no PHP support. I hope this is largely due to your recent server kernel upgrade and the script problem which have or will be resolved. If frihost can reach around 98% uptime, I would be over the moon.

I now the current uptime for server 2 is very problematic. I'm working on it and really hope it will be better in the future.

The problem is that I don't have a whole 24/7 team to check/repair the server like bigger hosts and that I am not a server expert either (although I do know quite a bit by now). Also free hosts get a lot of abuse/problems due to the free nature and the amount of accounts on the server. (problems with configuration limits that are set somewhere deep and that almost nobody knows about)