FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Fishing - a quick tip

CCFCExile
If like me your hobby is carse fishing and the winter is now upon you, you may notice that it's Perch time again.

I'm a great lover of perch fishing and find it a welcome change to the boring commercial carp that you catch everyday for a whole season.

A great tip is to boil a pan of long grain rice, add either a handfull of finey chopped worms or liquid worm addative for flavouring colour it red and send the buggers into a mad frenzy!!!

It's cheeper than pints of maggots and you have more of it. I buy 1/2pt maggots and put a few in the rice and use it as loose feed. I use the remaining maggots as a hook bait and this can last you a few sessions as you don't use as much bait in the winter!!!

Happy fishing
thealpha
Thanks for your sharing, it seems very useful to me, I will try it this Saturday.
tuncay
Where do you go perch fishing?

If you live in the USA can you tell me where in the Eastern New York Area I could go perch-fishing?

Thanks a lot.
CCFCExile
tuncay I live in the old UK I'm afraid, but if you live in the USA why the heck would you want to go Perch fishing!!? You have Bass and alligator Gar... You lucky bugger!!!!

thealpha, How did you get on. Last weekend I went down my local lake where the big Perch are just tipping 2lb so I was happy with stripeys of 1lb 6oz and 1lb 8oz on maggot fished with the rice. I also had a few roach to 14oz and a couple of nice skimmers.
pluppen_2
Nice tip.
More of them.
I like to fish and hunt so.
But im living in sweden.
CCFCExile
I went fishing today and I caught 5 Perch between 1lb 4oz and 2lb the biggest at 2lb came to double maggot fished on a float using rice as a loose feed. I also used roach dead baits (6cm long) in conjunction with a small maggot feeder filled with rice which accounted for three of the 5.

It was a good day fishing today, I caught numerous nice roach to a pound on the maggot also. However, using lobworm I couldn't catch a thing!

For me, Perch this time of year. I just love the way they fight.