FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Moving webhoster...

Lilystock
Hi,

Till now, some of my websites (nappypooh.com and chinchillas-village.info) were hosted in a company that is closing down...

And now, it is down for some technical problems...

so I've urgently tried to transfer the domain name into frihost.

The thing is once you do this, it can takes up to 48h before it is up again. During all this time, everytime a robot will come to my website, it will not be able to scroll it...

What I'm afraid of: will I be un-indexed because of this? Won't the SE think that my website is now died? Which means that I'll have to start again from nil?

Or am I just over-reacting again?

Thanks Smile
chris20
what you could do during the name server change, is just keep the website up on both servers, that way during the change, when the name change is propgating throughout the internet, all people(and robots) will be able to access it no matter what they are doing, since it is on both hosts

that is what i recently did when i changed a site over to frihost, and it worked very well
manumiglani
http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=34437 just follow this and you would be ok. Do ask me again if it is not clear.