FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to get a CMS to index?

SyncM
Hi
I have looked around for a CMS and finally find e107 tried dragonfly but did like it.

My question is i have already a running site with a "index.html" i want to install and modify my e107 with out any disturbance on my running website. And when i finish with my modding of e107 i just can switch fast with little problems.

I tried with dragonfly to have www.site.frih.net/dms then rename it to www.site.frih.net/index and delete index.html but it didn't work.

so how to do it?? and yes i new on this

Great thanks SyncM
Vyriix
You've changed the directory name but you did not change it to match your rename action in your Dragonfly Database config.
Dragonfly
Its not just changing directory... you have to keep whatever is under dms folder to public_hmtl folder. It means you need to shift all the files and folders to public_html folder from dms. dms folder is one folder under your URL. After shiting all files and folders to public_html folder you must edit the configuration and make any necessary change like absolute path, url, etc.
SyncM
Puh sounds like a lot to do. Do it exist any other way if a install everything directly in public map. can my index.html override the CMS in the beginning or should i install the CMS and post a link in the front of a block until I'm finish?
Vyriix
you can add this line into your .htaccess

DirectoryIndex index.html

This will make index.html be display as index page rather than index.php or any other default page.