FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

bank

should we get a bank
yes
50%
 50%  [ 11 ]
no
50%
 50%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 22

mcdeath87
Well i have an idia to make this fourm better. You guys should get a bank so that you guys can put points in it to get interst
S3nd K3ys
I have too much money. IMNSHO, if you're gonna put in a bank, there has to be options to rob it.
ocalhoun
^And then get bannified. Great!

It will probably never come to pass, at least not for points. If I had put all my extra points (except the one per day) in a bank since I started, I wouldn't have to post anymore, the interest would surely be enough to get one point per day. Since not having to post anymore would be bad for frihost, I very much doubt Bondings will go for it.

As for a bank for frih$, any ordinary user could do that, in theory. They would just have to find people willing to borrow frih$ and pay interest on it, then they could offer to pay interest (a lower rate) to other people in order to have enough frih$ to lend to more users. Just like a normal bank.
Josso
Ha, I don't know about that... imagine the coding job.

(Is it right that Bondings didn't use the cash mod but his own custom programmed system?).
ocalhoun
If he made his own version, its a heckofalot like the original. The daily decreasing of the points is not in cash mod, though. That part is probably original.
S3nd K3ys
There's a forum that had a bank with points. You could rob people. If you were unsuccessful, you gave the person you tried to rob points. There was a store where you could buy things like a glowing moniker, or colored moniker, or change somone else's title, etc. Fun stuff.
Blaster
I want to rob the bank. But I think that a mod like that would be of no real use to the forums. I would rather bondings work on other things about the site before he works on putting a mod like that in. The whole take a point away thing is done with Cron Jobs (I believe) But I think that the new templete and such would be a lot more useful then a bank mod that would take a lot of time to code.
Animal
You would never get interest on points - the points system allows Frihost to keep users active and hence keep revenue coming in. Any bank option would only ever apply to FRIH$, although this has been suggested before. It was left as a "no" last time, although I really don't know how much interest (get it!?!? Wink) there would be in this feature.
TeenZine
I agree there would be a problem about some one spaming and geting lots of points and then just collecting intrest and never having to post again in his life. But for frih$ why not ? unless bondings is going to sell extra brandwith which He has made clear hes not planning on it or atleast going to at this time. (please correct me if im wrong) But why not ?
GameFreak
I agree that a bank should be added......we can invest in our frih$ then....
Hogwarts
S3nd K3ys wrote:
There's a forum that had a bank with points. You could rob people. If you were unsuccessful, you gave the person you tried to rob points. There was a store where you could buy things like a glowing moniker, or colored moniker, or change somone else's title, etc. Fun stuff.

Isn't that called vbulletin Wink

And the mod that is used is called vBux, I believe.

The "robbing" thing is just an elaborate way of giving somebody money, in my opinion. Shocked
Manofgames
i agree that it would be pointless having a bank 4 points, but having a frih bank would be usefull, and would allow for wanabe rich frihosters 2 save (voted yes)
Blaster
Although if there where a bank i would have a lot of money right now. I didn't start using it untill the directory came out Very Happy
TeenZine
Blaster wrote:
Although if there where a bank i would have a lot of money right now. I didn't start using it untill the directory came out Very Happy
you still have 2000 come on? How much more do you want.
GameFreak
Well, a bank for frih$ would definitely be more useful than a bank for Points
arkebuzer
Could you please explain exactly how you mean?
If we would get an interest on our frih$, what would be the use to not have them in a "bank"?
I assumed you did not mean ponts since that would make posting on the forums unneccecary, and then the whole idea of frihost would not work :S
Manofgames
arkebuzer wrote:
Could you please explain exactly how you mean?
If we would get an interest on our frih$, what would be the use to not have them in a "bank"?
I assumed you did not mean ponts since that would make posting on the forums unneccecary, and then the whole idea of frihost would not work :S

Yes, that is correct lol Smile

Otherwise Bondings would go broke Sad
alkady
Actually I think Frihost should privatize the Bank (If any) so there can be competition for better rates etc. I know I'd be one of the first to apply for a Frihost Chartered Bank.

Then there would be more money.

Oh, so let me get this straight, if there is a bank, it would be illegal to rob others right?

*Hide my Pistol and Ski Mask.
garionw
Why would we need a bank in the first place?

1. We Can't get robbed
2. We Can't spend it (no need for interest)

Thats all I can think of now Razz
Manofgames
garionw wrote:

1. We Can't get robbed

Can't spend it????

Have you actually been to the market place or contest forums??lol Very Happy
GameFreak
Well, I think that the idea of privatizing the bank would be great
garionw
Manofgames wrote:
garionw wrote:

1. We Can't get robbed

Can't spend it????

Have you actually been to the market place or contest forums??lol Very Happy

Officially (apart from the directory)
Manofgames
yes, i see your point.

though you can get a lot in the directory.

reddishblue got a new custom php site
Josso
The poll is pretty even, leave it and see what happens.
lukeropro
If there is a bank there should be interest for Frih$ but if there's no interest, what's the point of having a bank? just to store your frih$?
Manofgames
i reckon that if there's a bank, there'l have to be a way of decreasing the amount of frih in circulation, ie a lottery, or there'l be too many frih, and its value will decrease.
GameFreak
How about wGeric's Store MOD?
lukeropro
It's gonna take a long time before bondings decide.
TeenZine
Bondings is a busy person. For all we know he could of read it and is thinking about it. Give him some time im sure we will get an answer soon enough.
seagullspirit
This is a funny idea even tho I don't see an actual practical purpose other than helping the lazier one of us spend less time in the forums, but as far as robbing the bank goes it might just be fun and as long as a bank might be made a trading pace for poits would be fun.. just to ahve older members get spamed by new ppl for free points Wink
Hogwarts
Manofgames wrote:
i reckon that if there's a bank, there'l have to be a way of decreasing the amount of frih in circulation, ie a lottery, or there'l be too many frih, and its value will decrease.

Perhaps Moderators could like... fine people, and not just fine them Frih$, they could also fine them of their points so that it makes an impact upon the person.
mathiaus
People moan and complain about us as it is. If we were allowed to edit members points and/or frih, the number of complaints woud grow. If Bondings felt required to investigate the complaints, all his time would be wasted.
alkady
Manofgames wrote:

Thats what makes FriHost, Frihost. Plus economically speaking, Frih$ are distributed by 4 Frih$ Max per Post. By adding a bank, with my idea of Privitization, Interest will have to be paid by the Bank Owner. Which he obviously recoups his lost by charging a fee for using his many services. In turn with competition, that person doesnt get a monopoly so will have to be competitive against "Non Profit or At-Lost Banks". Which obviously a handful of banks should be open and only given to reliable people who won't be running it from a fly by night account.

In turn the advantage is, Better trust between Frihosters since the Bank will be able to act as the middleman in a Transaction. They will retain the money and paid it to it's beneficiary after the transaction has been made.
GameFreak
Well, that'll make it quite commercial. To add a bit, there could be loans and stuff......

That would make it quite pressurizing......
Manofgames
who'd be the debt collector??? Bondings lol Very Happy
GameFreak
I suppose so....
arkebuzer
alkady wrote:
Manofgames wrote:

Thats what makes FriHost, Frihost. Plus economically speaking, Frih$ are distributed by 4 Frih$ Max per Post. By adding a bank, with my idea of Privitization, Interest will have to be paid by the Bank Owner. Which he obviously recoups his lost by charging a fee for using his many services. In turn with competition, that person doesnt get a monopoly so will have to be competitive against "Non Profit or At-Lost Banks". Which obviously a handful of banks should be open and only given to reliable people who won't be running it from a fly by night account.

In turn the advantage is, Better trust between Frihosters since the Bank will be able to act as the middleman in a Transaction. They will retain the money and paid it to it's beneficiary after the transaction has been made.

That would change this forum into a game Wink
As a former utopia addict (lol) I think the idea is quite interesting... But to be honest Im not so sure it fits on these forums.
alkady
arkebuzer wrote:
alkady wrote:
Manofgames wrote:

That would change this forum into a game Wink
As a former utopia addict (lol) I think the idea is quite interesting... But to be honest Im not so sure it fits on these forums.

It does sound like a game, but it's really not. It's more of an economic activity. Just doing my part to make Frihost a more realistic place. Wink
ocalhoun
Perhaps you could have a way to deposit points as well;
Getting interest on them is out of the question, of course, but it would allow users to save up points so that they could afford a vacation. It would still force users to log in at least once every 60 or so days, and the amount of posting would be the same as if there were no bank. Perhaps points in the bank would even loose value? That would discourage people abusing it.
GameFreak
Yea. That is a great idea in fact. You could even make frih$ lose their value or something so that people don't get too rich!
Manofgames
whats the point of putting points in the bank if you can't get interest on them????

Just seems like a waste of codeing to me, though I like the idea of perhaps a stock market in the bank, so that people could make buissnes', and people buy shares in them.
GameFreak
Well, the point of storing points is to "afford a vacation"