FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I need help with CSS [delete me]

Technaut
I have heard allot about Counter-Strike, and my friend pestered me to get it, so i just bought it today. But i have just one question: what is Steam? And why do I need the stupid thing? It has to update for me to run CSS, but the download keeps freezing. I don't have anything else running. I even narrowed my firewall to allow only Steam access to the internet, and gave it full rights to exploit my computer however it wished, but the dumb thing still freezes. So i end up connecting, it downloads a bit, freezes, and i have to quit and start back up from where it left off. is there ANY way to play the game without Steam?
The_Gamer294
maybe its your internet connection. or maybe your computer, have u been messing with the qos?
Technaut
i finally got steam to update. i opened it, and it had me do a bunch of registration crap. but now its downloading counter-strike. i thought cs came on the disk?!?!? if i have to download cs, what was the 4500 megs that steam took for?!?! and why does it want to do a 17 hour download?!?!

in hindsight, i should have gotten guildwars. steam sucks, and im selling this game on ebay. Evil or Very Mad
Codeman1
lol dono whats up but you got screwed cs 4500megs + steam which I didnt need for cs I think its your comp acting weird are something hey I want guildwars to.