FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PHPBB

ssthanapati
Can i open a phpbb on frihost. is so then can ne1 give me step by step method to do it? Thanks in advance
mathiaus
Yes you can, full installation tutorial here -> http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-48865.html
Blaster
If you dont' want to do it yourself you can request someone to do it in the Marketplace forum which people will do it for a couple of frih.
ssthanapati
thanks again. now i will b able 2 do it i guess.
ssthanapati
i am not being able to decompress the tar.gz file. when i click on extract either the file gets downloaded or a blank page opens!!!!1

ne suggestions???
ssthanapati
Warning: main(./../db/mysql.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ssthanap/domains/ame-world.frih.net/public_html/forum/includes/db.php on line 31

Warning: main(./../db/mysql.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ssthanap/domains/ame-world.frih.net/public_html/forum/includes/db.php on line 31

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening './../db/mysql.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/ssthanap/domains/ame-world.frih.net/public_html/forum/includes/db.php on line 31

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: sql_db in /home/ssthanap/domains/ame-world.frih.net/public_html/forum/includes/db.php on line 60

i am gettin the above error. ne comments???
arkebuzer
ssthanapati wrote:
i am not being able to decompress the tar.gz file. when i click on extract either the file gets downloaded or a blank page opens!!!!1

ne suggestions???

It should work using the interface.
But if it does not work you can use a program like winrar, winzip or whatever you prefer, to unzipp it.

You can download winrar for free from: http://www.rarlab.com/

Unzip it on your computer and upload all the files after you unzipped them.
(That´s how I did it when i installed my forums Wink

Hope it helped

Regards
ssthanapati
thanks dude

The site is up and running now. but 1 more query

How do u upload avtars???? i mean into the site so that other users can access it and use it
Vyriix
upload them into your avatar gallery path specified in your configuration in ACP. remember to check your file permission too.
ssthanapati
Vyriix wrote:
upload them into your avatar gallery path specified in your configuration in ACP. remember to check your file permission too.

I didnt get u. can u elaborate it a bit more. mean wat r the steps
ssthanapati
ssthanapati wrote:
Vyriix wrote:

I didnt get u. can u elaborate it a bit more. mean wat r the steps

Ok leave it. I was able to figure it out myself.