FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

taking backup

PriDe
Is there anyway to be able to take backup of the whole site (including databases, emails,ftps and files uploaded) and downloading it for safe keeping on your own pc? I've tried the option in the DirectAdmin panel but it doesn't allow you to download the backed up files u create. They are still on the server i suppose. All i recieved was this message by e-mail:
Quote:

A new message or response with subject:

Your backups are now ready

has arrived for you to view.
Follow this link to view it:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

the linkdidn't lead to a download location :s

10ks
PriDe
Animal
Log into your DirectAdmin account, hit File Manager and they're stored in the folder called "Backups"
Blaster
And yes It will backup the whole site. But please don't keep backups in there. You only need to keep one or two backups on the site. But you can download them also.
PriDe
10ks for the help guys...found it very useful Cool
Marston
Actually having backups on-site at all is kind of pointless- the backups should be kept on your desktop, or, even better would be like a thumb drive or soemthing that isn't kept anywhere near your computer, incase frihost AND your computer fail. Keeping backups on-site just uses up space on your account, unnecessarily, IMO.