FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

phpbb & wiki on same database?

PriDe
This is a technical question...

I have uploaded a phpbb forum as well as a Wiki on my frih account. Now i was wondering if i could link the forum database with the wiki one so that they both use the users table. My main goal is to let users who are already signed up with the forum to be able to use the same suername and password they already have to access the wiki without having to regeter again.

I suppose it's possible but can't find a way around it so far. Any help would be great.

10ks
PriDe
briancoit
it'd require editing on the php scripts, but yes it is possible.
PriDe
can i edit the table instead?...My reasoning was that there are a lot of php scripts to edit and our main problem would be simple things like varibale names eg. phpbb uses active as a varibale name while wiki uses now_active..is there a way to make the databse table create both kind of fields and when a user signs in trigers both phpbb varibales as well as the wiki ones?...

Something more specific would be apperciated but 10ks for the interest
Bondings
It's definately possible to do that. The problem is that if you want to do that completely by yourself, then it will take very long, especially if you don't really know how to do it.

My advice would be to search for an existing hack/mod to merge the 2 databases.
the zephyrus
Isn't there an option to prefix your table names?
Daniel15
Quote:
My main goal is to let users who are already signed up with the forum to be able to use the same suername and password they already have to access the wiki without having to regeter again.

If you're using MediaWiki (the best PHP-based Wiki software, in my opinion), there's a webpage at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/PHPBB/Users_Integration explaining how to do this Smile
ashok
edit the pages which refer to the user table... usually the login page, and the member profiles page....
PriDe
Daniel15 wrote:
Quote:
My main goal is to let users who are already signed up with the forum to be able to use the same suername and password they already have to access the wiki without having to regeter again.

If you're using MediaWiki (the best PHP-based Wiki software, in my opinion), there's a webpage at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/PHPBB/Users_Integration explaining how to do this Smile

yep been trying to use this but i'm getting a couple of errors:

Quote:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/pride/domains/festakunvent.frih.net/public_html/Uni/mediawiki-1.6.8/extensions/Auth_phpbb.php on line 40

is this because the server doesn't suport this extension or am i doing something wrong??..The error is parsing so maybe the file is wrong

Quote:
# Works on

* PHP 4.4.x (4.2.0 min)
* MySQL 4.0.x and 4.1.x
* MediaWiki 1.6.x

Does our server satisfy these requirments?
PriDe
Ok found a way around the problem Cool Thanks for all your help