FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can I store pics that i use on my web page?!?

Dragon2Storm
Am I able to store pictures i plan to use on my web page?? Idea
wumingsden
Dragon2Storm wrote:
Am I able to store pictures i plan to use on my web page?? Idea

Yes, you can. What your not allowed to do is become an image host (where users can upload their own images). As long as the images will be placed on your website and not explicit then you are able to host them yourself.
Dragon2Storm
ok so can i have it where the can save images i have on my web page or will that be blocked?
wumingsden
Dragon2Storm wrote:
ok so can i have it where the can save images i have on my web page or will that be blocked?

I's sorry, I do not quite understand. Are you asking whether its possible to allow users to upload images to your site? If so then it depends on the situation. If possible can you be a little more specific, like how you want them to be uploaded and who does it.
Hunterseaker
I have almost the same question(maybe the same)
I have a wallpaper website and I offer my members their own personal page.
the users can upload wallpapers, and the wallpapers will be shown on their own personal page(accesible for everyone so it is not a privat page).
so is it ok when users/members upload images that will be used on the site/own page. you can see what I mean by own personal page here:
just click on this link and then on a name
This is ok isn't it?
I think this the same system as the TS wants to make....
wumingsden
Hunterseaker wrote:
I have almost the same question(maybe the same)
I have a wallpaper website and I offer my members their own personal page.
the users can upload wallpapers, and the wallpapers will be shown on their own personal page(accesible for everyone so it is not a privat page).
so is it ok when users/members upload images that will be used on the site/own page. you can see what I mean by own personal page here:
just click on this link and then on a name
This is ok isn't it?
I think this the same system as the TS wants to make....

If you said your site will be created in this way and the account creator accept it then there should be no problem with it. Unfortunately though I am unable to see your hosting request so do not know what you said the site was going to be about.

If the site becomes extremely popular and there are thousands of wallpapaers available for download then this will be a problem, right now though its not an emergency. The ToS though may need clarifying a little more but until then don't worry too much.

Did you say the site will be like this, Hunterseaker?
hsadmin
Oh. You mean to put them on your website, don't you. Yes, you can. If your going to use HTML for it, just use the IMG_SRC code around the picture file name
Hunterseaker
wumingsden wrote:

The users on my site know that their wallpapers are shown on the page, that is the whole idea of my site.....
btw my site allready excists.......
wumingsden
Hunterseaker wrote:
wumingsden wrote:

The users on my site know that their wallpapers are shown on the page, that is the whole idea of my site.....
btw my site allready excists.......

Sorry, I probably did not make myself clear enough. I meant when you applied for hosting did you say that visitors to your site will be able to upload their wallpapers.

Again, a this moment in time there should be no problem with it.
Hunterseaker
wumingsden wrote:

Sorry, I probably did not make myself clear enough. I meant when you applied for hosting did you say that visitors to your site will be able to upload their wallpapers.

Again, a this moment in time there should be no problem with it.

When I applied for hosting I did not mentioned the uploading thing because when I applied my site hadn't a upload function, I came upwith that ide much later. tho when everything is fine now there is no problem, I was just asking to make shure....