FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Need help accessing advanced graphics card menu

Animal
Ok... this is slightly embarrassing. I've lost my graphics card's advanced menu.

I'm pretty sure I used to just right-click on the desktop, hit properties > settings > advanced and I'd get a load of in-depth Nvidia options. However I recently tried to do this and it seems to have disappeared. Either that or it's been so long since I've been messing with graphics settings that I've just forgotten how! Embarassed

So, I'm running XP Home on a Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop. The graphics card in question is an Nvidia GeForce4 Go 440.

For those in the know, I've activated registry tweaks to allow me to use PoewrMizer and Overclocking on the card - I just need to know how to actually change the settings from within the Nvidia application.

Thanks for any / all advice.
Dredge
Animal wrote:
Ok... this is slightly embarrassing. I've lost my graphics card's advanced menu.

I'm pretty sure I used to just right-click on the desktop, hit properties > settings > advanced and I'd get a load of in-depth Nvidia options. However I recently tried to do this and it seems to have disappeared. Either that or it's been so long since I've been messing with graphics settings that I've just forgotten how! Embarassed

So, I'm running XP Home on a Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop. The graphics card in question is an Nvidia GeForce4 Go 440.

For those in the know, I've activated registry tweaks to allow me to use PoewrMizer and Overclocking on the card - I just need to know how to actually change the settings from within the Nvidia application.

Thanks for any / all advice.

You can go Start > Settings > Control Panel > nVidia Application.

I use a Radeon now, but used to use a GF 5600. That's all I can really remember about it.
Animal
Dredge wrote:
You can go Start > Settings > Control Panel > nVidia Application.

I use a Radeon now, but used to use a GF 5600. That's all I can really remember about it.

All I have in the Control Panel is the Nvidia nView desktop manager. That doesn't let me change any of the settings I need (eg. anti-aliasing, power settings etc.)

Any other ideas?