FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to Reinstall Demo

coolclay
Hey guys
I have the demo of a program that I need to use to analyze some scientific data its called loggerpro. The demo only lasts 30 days, and it expired. So I uninstalled it, and deleted all the registry values that contained the word loggerpro, thinking that would allow me to reinstall it and it would work for another 30 days.

Well it didn't, now I need the program for just 2 more weeks to analyze my data for my experiment. And I can't figure out how do it next to shelling out who knows how much $.

Does anyone know a way to find and delete whatever values or files, that tell the program that it already was installed on my computer?
otiscom
If your're running XP try a system restore, it may work (turn the PC clock back after restore)?
ocalhoun
Naughty Naughty...
Anyway, restore from a full backup if you can, simultaneously setting the system clock back.
Alternatively, run a second instance of windows (on a second partition, on a virtual machine, on a different computer, et cetera.)
Vrythramax
naughty naughty is exactly correct....the demo lasts only so so long for a reason, to give a [potential] buyer a chance to test the program. Any use beyond the established trial is called THEFT.

I don't care how you spell it.
Jaan
That's piracy... probably not allowed disucussing here.
coolclay
You guys have a point, but its really stupid, the program is used in conjuction with science data collecting equipment.

I collected a bunch of important scientific data using the program, and the equipment, and so I know have the files and data I need to use, but the program that opens the files doesn't work anymore.

I am pretty sure that my college has a campus wide site license which includes both school computers and student computers so it isn't illegal.

I think maybe I'll contact IT and see if they can send me the registration code.
Animal
coolclay wrote:
I think maybe I'll contact IT and see if they can send me the registration code.

That would probably be the safest / most legal way to deal with this.

-close- to prevent more legally questionable requests Wink
Vrythramax
coolclay wrote:
You guys have a point, but its really stupid, the program is used in conjuction with science data collecting equipment.

I collected a bunch of important scientific data using the program, and the equipment, and so I know have the files and data I need to use, but the program that opens the files doesn't work anymore.

I am pretty sure that my college has a campus wide site license which includes both school computers and student computers so it isn't illegal.

Smile Exactly, if the program is something you need for work....consult the powers that be and tell them so, they don't need a software piracy suit on thier hands either. Wink

I think this case is solved.

-closed-