FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

add frihost link to my site? and mail.mydomain.com?

spider
I already kinda know the answer,, but I was wanting to ask permission to add a link to frihost on my site... and / or if you have any banners....?

on top of that,,,,lol.. I did something really stupid I think,,,
you all had given me the free domain name,,,which I deleted...
that was the stupid part,,, but I dont need it for I have the domain tusc-oh.com.
but, I dont think I can use mail.tusc-oh.com because not sure about mx records in my godaddy account... im try to figure this part out now... you'all know about godaddy's mx records? and how to do it? I only think I have a free email with my purchase of domain name,, and not sure about mx records... how can I find out??? I know this might be a long shot, but thought i'd ask..
wumingsden
spider wrote:
I already kinda know the answer,, but I was wanting to ask permission to add a link to frihost on my site... and / or if you have any banners....?

on top of that,,,,lol.. I did something really stupid I think,,,
you all had given me the free domain name,,,which I deleted...
that was the stupid part,,, but I dont need it for I have the domain tusc-oh.com.
but, I dont think I can use mail.tusc-oh.com because not sure about mx records in my godaddy account... im try to figure this part out now... you'all know about godaddy's mx records? and how to do it? I only think I have a free email with my purchase of domain name,, and not sure about mx records... how can I find out??? I know this might be a long shot, but thought i'd ask..

There are some FriHost banners/buttons here. You can also use the official logo, shown in the top-left corner. Try to host the images yourself, rather than linking them though.
As for your domain, deleteing your frihost subdomain should have no negetive effect (other than the fact that you cannot use frih.net subdomains and frih.net e-mail addresses). It should not interfer with any other domains that you may have - I do not know much about domains, but did you change the nameservers to ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net ? If you did then I cannot see why mail.yourdomain.com does not work.

P.S - If you do not know what nameservers are, or you do not know how to change them with GoDaddy, feel free to PM your GoDaddy info and I will do it for you.
spider
Thanks for the info,,, Well, as for the domain name,, I think my problem is on my mail host on godaddy.com... for one, I used to host my own server and I had to have my own mail server,,, but now, im not sure exactly what to do... im trying godaddy's mail server, and checking with them on some issues too, ill post back if i get it figured out... I didnt even check to see if my email works here now too...lol... b-back with more info later...
wumingsden
spider wrote:
Thanks for the info,,, Well, as for the domain name,, I think my problem is on my mail host on godaddy.com... for one, I used to host my own server and I had to have my own mail server,,, but now, im not sure exactly what to do... im trying godaddy's mail server, and checking with them on some issues too, ill post back if i get it figured out... I didnt even check to see if my email works here now too...lol... b-back with more info later...

I'd recommend changing the nameservers on GoDaddy and point them to FriHost. You can then use your email via frihost instead (but this is just my opinion).
spider
Well, the nameservers are pointing to frihost, I just messed with them recently because I was messing around with everyone.net, and decided not to use it,,, so, left frihost, but site down temperarily until it resets itself...
my mail at admin@tusc-oh.com works, recieved mail,,, and its on frihost...
through the Uebimiau Webmail...
hmm,,, lil confusing...lol..
maybe if I sit down with a mail() script, and play around a lil I can figure it out,, try mail.tusc-oh.com again... see what it does... just trying to use it to send mail from scripts for people logging in to scripts and such... recieve passwords... whatever...
spider
well,,, not sure how to do this,, but tried using mail.tusc-oh.com, at port 25, and get this

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "mail.tusc-oh.com" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\V\www\contact.php on line 19

and this is the code i was using,,,, line 19 is the mail(), using ini_set() for smtp, and send mail_from:

$Subject = "Test E-mail";
$toEmail = "tim-n-mary@peoplepc.com";

if(submit)
{
ini_set ("sendmail_from","admin@tusc-oh.com");
ini_set ("SMTP","mail.tusc-oh.com");
mail($fromEmail, $Subject, $nMessage."\nFrom: ".$fromName."<".$fromEmail.">");
}
?>

I think it has to do with my mx with my domain name for mail server... maybe..
oh well... we can close this thread,,, I'll contact godaddy...lol
wumingsden
Yeah, I'd ask GoDaddy to reverse the changes that you made.

-locked- (if you need it re-opened just PM me)