FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

anime like tenjho tenge

JoseRizal
hi - i've been a big dragonball z fan.
i just got recently told about tenjho tenge - i like it very much.
does anyone know, or can recommend, other anime similar to tenjho?
thanks.
roninmedia
Battle School
Air Master
Gantz
Real Bout High School
Yu Yu Hakusho
ROD TV
Shadow Skill TV
GTO
Scaramanga
Ikki Tousen. It is far and away the closest thing to Tenjho Tenge story and character wise. The fight animation isn't quite up to TenTen standards, but there's still plenty of it. And it has a much better ending than the TenTen anime. Also there's lots of boobies and fanservice, just like in TenTen.

I wouldn't recommend the Ikki Tousen manga though (renamed Battle Vixens by Tokypop.) They made some edits and some of the translations are pretty ridiculous. Now it's not as bad as the edits CMX did with the TenTen manga, but still, it's there.
JoseRizal
ok cool, thanks guys.
i'll start hunting for those anime on your list.
appreciate it.
urbanbuddha
Though its not like Tenjou Tenge, but its from the same creator, you might like Air Gear. Think Jet Set Radio... or People on Rollar Blades doing kickass things.

As well, I second that for GANTZ, man do I love the series and manga.
Scaramanga
urbanbuddha wrote:
Though its not like Tenjou Tenge, but its from the same creator, you might like Air Gear. Think Jet Set Radio... or People on Rollar Blades doing kickass things.

Oh crap, how did I miss this? I'll definitely second this recommendation. Air Gear is a bit like any fighting show, but instead they fight with these roller-blade-esque powered skates called Air Treks. Sadly the anime didn't get too far into the story, so check out the manga (being released by Del Rey in North America) for further story.
carlokes
Hi there,

I have to agree with what was already said here, Ikkitousen is probably the closest anime to Tenjo Tenge...the animation style, the fights, the boobs, the "stupid char" (both main female characters are kinda dumb)...and the most important, the stort, school kids that only think about fighting and an uber strong character that they want to defeat/ take revenge upon.

Stay Cool
EriKk
Air gear was insane, both the manga and the anime.

And like the other people said it's by the same mangaka as tenjou tenge, so it's very similar ( same amount of ecchi, action and awesomenes..).
NewGuyinTown
As others mentioned before, I recommend Air Gear.
Dozetsu
Air Master

1 vote