FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I just developed this twitch.

The-Master
Well about a week ago I realised that my eye had started twitching. It is only my left eye but it is very annoying. I am very self conscious about it even although I don't think anyone actually notices. I don't know if it is because I am not getting enough sleep or if I am stressed or whatever but hopefully if anyone else experiences this, has experienced it or knows someone who has could they please give me advice or tell me what to do. It has spells of being quite bad and there are other times where it doesn't do it at all.

Any advise would be appreciated but I do not think I am doing anything different from when it began so. Confused
vinx_18
I've been experiencing that last year when almost all of my hours spend in my computer...computer ...computer...What I did was I lessen my computer hours and get enough sleep.
driftingfe3s
vinx_18 wrote:
I've been experiencing that last year when almost all of my hours spend in my computer...computer ...computer...What I did was I lessen my computer hours and get enough sleep.

Same thing happend to me a few years back and I did the same thing.
benjmd
It is actually pretty normal and innocuous to develop a twitch like that. Like these guys said, do stuff to reduce the stress on eye muscles like not staring at PC/TV all day. Also, make sure you get plenty calcium in your diet and drink lots of water. If it doesn't go away after 6 months or becomes extremely bothersome, then see a doctor about it.
woundedhealer
I also have experienced a twitch from time to time. It can be caused through stress or nerves as well.
JoeFriday
same for me.. I've had a twitch kick in on rare occasions.. but I don't know if stress was the cause.. I work on a computer all day long, but I've been doing that for 15 years, so I highly doubt that could have been a cause

whatever the case, it would stop happening entirely after a few days, so I don't freak out when it happens again
rachelisntlost
Actually, if you don't feel you are stressed or tired or anything, it is probably a lack of liquid in your system.
Try drinking a substantially larger amount of water each day, and see if that works. On top of it, definitely continue getting more then enought sleep Smile
oear56
my eye started to twitch to i hated it me and my friend played games for like 5 hours stright guess it mussed of been because of that but he was making fun of me its very annoying
twrchdim
gone
bloodeath
Ive had a twitch in my eye, time made mine go away . . . But dont be self conscious about it, twitches rock. no but, a twitch in your left eye only, it may be something worth going to the eye doctor about, maybe one of your nerves are kinked in your eye or something... just a thought Smile
furtasacra
The-Master wrote:
Well about a week ago I realised that my eye had started twitching. It is only my left eye but it is very annoying. I am very self conscious about it even although I don't think anyone actually notices. I don't know if it is because I am not getting enough sleep or if I am stressed or whatever but hopefully if anyone else experiences this, has experienced it or knows someone who has could they please give me advice or tell me what to do. It has spells of being quite bad and there are other times where it doesn't do it at all.

Any advise would be appreciated but I do not think I am doing anything different from when it began so. Confused

How's your eyesight? Do you wear glasses or contacts, and if so, when was the last time you updated your prescription? I got a bad twitch from working OT staring at a computer 10 hours a day with old glasses. It went away when I got a new prescription and followed my eye doctor's advice to look away from the computer screen and focus on something far away for 15 seconds every 15 minutes.