You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

xbox360 vs ps3 vs nintendo wii

almost all of us have been reading the specs of every one of those systems but forget about thta we all know that every and each of those are capable of many things but what about playbility , i like xbox 360 alot but id been seeying the thing that offer nintendo wii so im thinking of buying it just cuz it looks alot of fun , what are ur opinions about it what u prefer graphics or playbility ?
graphics man. alas, you need a system good enough to handle it though.

so selection of games available is something else that goes into my decision. and I guess with the wii coming out, playability and interactiveness will also be something to consider.
...When will people learn how to make good threads?

You see, you really can't make any decisions around gameplay when it comes to the Wii or PS3, unless you've been to the TGS and Wii Press Conference, and got your hands on both of them. Sure, you can judge graphics, since, by now, a lot of people have seen plenty of next generation screenshots. But, really, if this is going to be another Graphics vs. Gameplay debate, then people are going to be retarded and say that graphics make the game. Which is totally and absolutely and completely wrong. All graphics do is enhance the Gameplay experience, along with music, but notice how I said "Gameplay experience." You know what that means? It means that all graphics and sound do are make the actual gameplay better. Which means that it doesn't matter how good graphics are, if the game isn't fun to play, then noone's gonna bother. Gameplay is really where everything lies, and if I may site a next gen example, I'll use the one every person waiting for a Wii wants, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Gabe from Penny Arcade said that the graphics were terrible, that stuff on the cube was better than LoZ: TP. But, after that, he specifically says that it's still a Zelda game, and it's a whole lot of f*cking fun. It's deep, emersive, fun to play, I want to get my hands on the Wii now. For Graphics? F*ck no. For some serious gameplay. Anyone who picks Graphics over Gameplay is a complete retard.
OMFG why are ppl posting things like "what will be better? ps3, x360 or wii?". I say: ALL THREE OF THEM. Because of a simple fact: Wii was ment to have Nintendo earn additional bucks by developing sequels to their classical (S)NES games(we have Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess as a great example) and to make maybe ugly-looking games BUT games with good gameplay. PS3 was ment to provide the player an astounding dose of enormous-looking graphics(Endless Saga for example) and Xbox 360 was made to give a good balance beetween Wii and PS3(Gears of War, God of War 2, Project Gotham Racing 3, Mass Effect and more). So, these "console fights" are just nonsense.
i would have to say its a tie between the 360 and the ps3 im mad at playstation about the controllers they could have done better but hey what can i say
I think that the 360 has done a better job this time. It has huge market share right now which will attract publishers. It has the better pricepoint by far. The PS3 has a lot of features, sure, but who is going to use all of them? They make you buy everything, there are no options like you have with the 360. And now with the HD-DVD option with the 360 you can watch HD-DVDs in 1080p as well. Definitely the 360 takes it.
Gears of War coming out at the same time as the PS3 launch is pretty good too for the 360. That game is just amazing.
You buy a Game Console to play Games therefore, the console I want must have good Games.

So the Wii for me, I dont care about Specs and junk like that, I just want to have a fun time. Very Happy
Personally, super realistic graphics mean nothing too me. I want a console where you can move around. You guys know what I'm talkin about? Wink
I've gotton bored with gaming......over the years. Things just seem like rehashes.

The Wii should fix that.
It is better if they will developed a game with combine GOOD GRAPHICS AND GOOD GAMEPLAY.
i do not care about the hardware. The only thing that interests me is the game itself!

Thus, playability and graphics are not departable Wink
its all about the PS3 and i think its better than the xbox360 but only if they made gears of war for ps3
I totally agree rightclickscott and Dr4goN because if you like the games that only work on the X360 then why buy a Wii or if you love the games that are going to come out on the PS3 then you should buy the PS3.
I choose xbox all the way
i found what runs the ps3 so what runs the other consoles

Sony to Launch PS3 in Nov 2006
Much to the disappointment of gaming fans the world over, Sony Computer Entertainment (SCEI) has announced that it will launch its PlayStation 3 (PS3) simultaneously in Japan, North America, Europe and India in early November 2006.

SCEI expects to produce nearly one million units of PS3 every month, and plans to launch PS3 globally along with several attractive PS3 game titles.

Sony says that its PS3 offers an unique combination of overwhelming computing power and BD (Blu-ray Disc), allowing users to playback BD software at a high bit rate.

The much-awaited BD format boasts of a storage capacity of up to 50 GB (dual layer) plus robust security, and promises to deliver games and movies with unparalleled image quality.

Compatible with a wide variety of television sets ranging from standard-definition TV to full high-definition TV, the PS3 can also be connected to high-speed broadband network through Gigabit Ethernet.

Milestone Interactive is the official distributor of PS3 within the country.

In short

CPU: Cell Processor PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz
--1 VMX vector unit per core
--512KB L2 cache
--7 x SPE @3.2GHz
--7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
--7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE
--*1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy
--Total floating point performance: 218 gigaflops

GPU RSX @ 550MHz
--1.8 TFLOPS floating point Performance
--Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels
--Multi-way programmable parallel Floating point shader pipelines
--Sound Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell-based processing)

256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz
256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz
System Bandwidth Main RAM-- 25.6GB/s
RSX-- 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read)
SB2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read)

2 teraflops

--HDD Detachable 2.5" HDD slot x 1
--I/O--USB Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)
--Memory Stickstandard/Duo, PRO x 1
--SD standard/mini x 1
--CompactFlash(Type I, II) x 1

--Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2)
--Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g
--Bluetooth--Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)
--ControllerBluetooth (up to 7)
--USB 2.0 (wired)
--Wi-Fi (PSP)
--Network (over IP)

Screen size 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
HDMI out x 2
AV multi out x 1
Digital out (optical) x 1

PlayStation CD-ROM
PlayStation2 CD-ROM
SACD Hybrid (CD layer),
DualDisc (audio side)
DualDisc (DVD side)
PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM
PlayStation 3 DVD-ROM
Blu-ray Disc
PlayStation 3 BD-ROM
BDPU: Cell Processor PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz
Well, in my opinion, I believe that the Playstation 3 is the best system for hardcore gamers because the Cell Broadband Engine is has more gaming processing power (it works best for games). The Xbox 360 has more general processing power than the Playstation 3, ergo, it's better for things like music and movies, but, we can see how well it plays games. As for the Wii, it's NOT EVEN SUPPORTAVE FOR HD!! However, it's great because it can play all classic Nintendo games, and classics are just awesome. So, really, in my opinion, it's a 3 way tie.
its easy, the best one is the one that has the games you like for it, duh!

I think the ps3 and the Wii just own the xbox360, ps3 has the best graphics and looks like it has some killer games, but, even tho the Wii is lacking the them graphics, i think its the funnest out of all 3, that contorller just kicks ass
I think, the best is PS3, second XBOX360 and third Wi Laughing
Wii FTW. While you can pick up another system, and play one of their great games, you'll say "Ok, this is pretty amazing." You pick up any game for the Wii, and you instantly say "THIS IS F*CKING UNBELIEVABLE!!!!" Those were my friend, Dan's, exact words. The Wii opens up new ways to play game, new levels of innovation that even the PS3's sixaxis controller can't reach. The Wii is by far better than the PS3 and Xbox 360.
i think the xbox 360 is the best system out. in my opinion, the wii will win the battle though because most gamers will buy the PS3 or the 360 and then the wii also. mostlikely, no one will buy both the PS3 and the 360 so the wii has a good chance of selling the most. Very Happy i have a 360 and i love it. if they can keep having games like Gears of War then it will rock even more Very Happy Very Happy
from my point of view:

The Playstation 3 has the best specs, hence it will produce better LOOKING games in time. It also has bluetooth controllers with motion sensors that recharges through USB. That's handy

The Xbox360 has HD-DVD, which probably will be the future standard. Note that it only has it as an add-on.

The Nintendo Wii has a gyro controller, and will probably(as always) produce most games for playability. The hardware specs for the wii is miles under the specs of the other ones, however, it's cheaper, and will probably sell more, due to all the playability functions it wields.

Now, while the PS3 and the X360 are directly competing, the Wii is in its own league.

The PS3 WILL outmanouver the 360 in most ways, except MAYBE from the HD-DVD. If the Blu-ray wins the war, then sony has indeed won the console war. It's specs are better, and the current compatibility with different formats is already a winner. However, if the 360 is as moddable as the Xbox was, odds are custom made firmwares and softwares.

The wii will remain unmodded, and be the PLAYER's choice. The multimedia viewers choice will be the PS3. No doubts about it. The 360 will stay at the bottom, since it was released too early.

aaand on another note;
At the moment I agree, PS3 wins so far but for you who don't have an xbox360, unlike PS3, Xbox 360 has software updates online, directly to your xbox 360 or downloaded from the internet, on to a CD and into to your console, these updates include look (of certain things), new hardware drivers (for things like hd-dvd), compatabillity (with new files such as .wmv) and corrections and system settings improvments (such as new locales to choose from).

Also the Xbox 360 controller comfortable whereas the PS3 contoller you have to move your arms. It's also a stretch for your thumb to use the left analog stick which is the best thing to use. On the xbox it is easier to use because it is easier to reach.

Wii is defenitly last.

Somthing stange is that nobody put PSP in, It's surpisingly good I've heard and you actually can do software updates.
well compare about the grapic... sure ps 3 win all of them..
using the blu-ray .. the gaming is almost perfect.. but having one of this perfect machine.. kill your wallet!!
xbox 360 a new force against the ps3!! with the spec of able to play multi-player!!
it rule.. where gamer stay home to play with other gamer around the globe!1
but the game to choose are so lame...
talk about Wii..
a perfect nightmare gaming hardware for people who just sit there and play!!
with the Wii sport gamer can exercise while playing game!!
recomendation game are the zelda and the dragon ball!!
each having is on spec... choose wise!!
Klaw 2
I like the shooters and the most. If yoe are a shooter man you have to get an XBOX 360, the wii started with only 1, red steel.
and the XBOX 360 started with more shooters.

The new playstation is out of the question really, it is so EXPENSIVE, you need to sell your house to get it.

The internet support of the XBOX is way better with XBOX live, and better online games, (in my opinion).

I'm gonna get an X-360 thats for shure.
Well, out of the three, I'm going to go ahead and safely say, the Wii. Now, I'll just let you know that I've never played a game on the Wii, but I have played games on the Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3. For both the Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3, I must admit that the amount of fun I had was a lot less than I thought and a lot less than when I opened up my Playstation 2 years ago. The reason, the games are just improvements in graphics and such, the plot of many of the games is similar. Sure, I had fun, and the games I played were also launched for older consoles, so I have to wait for newer games for these new consoles. Oh, by the way, the graphics on the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 weren't very impressive if you're a hardcore PC gamer. (Core 2 Extreme and GeForce 8 crush Cell/RSX and PowerPC/Xenos). Then you have the Wii, a console with graphics and power even more inferior than the Playstation 3 or Xbox 360; but you have the Wiimote. With no doubt, the Wii takes me to a new category of gaming. It brings a new experience in gaming, one that you can't find on any other console or the PC. So without a doubt, the Nintendo Wii is my favorite console. After the Wii, I would probably go with the Playstation 3. If you look at the hardware of all three, you can tell the Playstation 3 is the best value, as it's about $400 underpriced. Considering it's the cheapest bluray player, superior the Xbox 360 in terms of performance, and, in my opinion, a better living room computer, I'd rank it as second. The Xbox 360, I'm not too fond of, it's not bad, but it definitely can be better.

My favorite consoles:
1. Wii
2. Playstation 3
3. Xbox 360
Agent ME
With gaming - online gameplay is one of the things I care about most (after playability and graphics at least semi-decent of course). And Xbox 360 is great for online with xbox live.

After seeing the Nintendo WFC for the DS (probably the worst online system ever... I guess they do get 1/2 a point - out of 10 - for at least putting in a friend list system), I can't imagine Wii being much better, and everything I've read about the PS3's online points to it being a minor upgrade from the PS2's online "system," but very inconsistent.

But the Wii's concept does look cool - I'll probably have to buy it one of these days when a game comes out that I like.