FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DNS

violationgames
I need help setting up DNS. I have no clue to how to do this. If anyone can help me that would be great.
mOrpheuS
violationgames wrote:
I need help setting up DNS. I have no clue to how to do this. If anyone can help me that would be great.

You get a nice set of working DNS settings with your FRIHost domain.

Is there anything specific you need to do with the DNS?
We might be able to help you if you could describe your problem/requirement in a more detailed manner.
violationgames
I would like violationgames.uni.cc to point to my site and use the email like someonesname@violationgames.uni.cc
Animal
violationgames wrote:
I would like violationgames.uni.cc to point to my site and use the email like someonesname@violationgames.uni.cc

Are you able to alter the nameservers with your uni.cc account?
violationgames
Yeah I can alter the DNS settings.
jeremyyak
No need for a triple posting...I mean double is bad, but triple Shocked

These are the two FriHost name servers:
ns1.frihost.net
ns2.frihost.net

Please read the FAQ before posting...It's written in there.
~Jeremy~
violationgames
Sorry about the post. Firefox kept on asking me to download posting.php and I clicked cancel. Didn't know that it would post.

Also I put those addresses, but when I go to my site, (violationgames.uni.cc) it says Problem Loading page
Animal
violationgames wrote:
Also I put those addresses, but when I go to my site, (violationgames.uni.cc) it says Problem Loading page

Yeah. Once you've set up the nameservers on your uni.cc account, you need to create the domain in Direct Admin. The easiest way to do this is probably to rename your existing domain to violationgames.uni.cc

To do so:
Go to http://www.frih.net:2222 and log in
Select "Domain Setup" then "Change a Domain Name"
Rename your *.frih.net address to violationgames.uni.cc
Hit "Change" then give it a minute or two. After that, your violationgames.uni.cc domain should work seamlessly.

If you don't want to replace your site and would rather have two sites on your Frihost account, you can simple "Add a new domain" and call it violationgames.uni.cc - you can then upload your violationgames website to this domain and use your frih domain for another site if you like.
violationgames
Animal wrote:
violationgames wrote:

Yeah. Once you've set up the nameservers on your uni.cc account, you need to create the domain in Direct Admin. The easiest way to do this is probably to rename your existing domain to violationgames.uni.cc

To do so:
Go to http://www.frih.net:2222 and log in
Select "Domain Setup" then "Change a Domain Name"
Rename your *.frih.net address to violationgames.uni.cc
Hit "Change" then give it a minute or two. After that, your violationgames.uni.cc domain should work seamlessly.

If you don't want to replace your site and would rather have two sites on your Frihost account, you can simple "Add a new domain" and call it violationgames.uni.cc - you can then upload your violationgames website to this domain and use your frih domain for another site if you like.

Thank you. I will try this.
violationgames
Nope it still doesn't work. Also www.violationgames.frih.net doesn't work either.
Animal
According to this WHOIS search, uni.cc have no record for violationgames. Have you definately registered it correctly? Has it been shut down?

If you're still struggling, you could PM me your username and password for both your Frihost Account and your uni.cc account and I could try to sort it out for you? Feel free to change the password to a temporary one then back once I'm finished so that I don't get your real password.
violationgames
Okay will do.
Animal
Ok, I've fixed it for you. This was the problem:
jeremyyak wrote:
These are the two FriHost name servers:
ns1.frihost.net
ns2.frihost.net

These are the server 1 nameservers. The server 2 nameservers (which you need to use because you're hosted on server 2) are ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net.

The changes will take a few hours to propagate. Once that's done, it should be working seamlessly.
Vins
I didn't leastly think that this hosting allowed all these things
very much more of others to payment, this is amazing!
IF is allowed and when/if is activate my account from here, I'm sure put a link on my website to Frihost.
Begin to love Frihost!

Great Team too.