FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dragonlance

INeedHelp
Has anyone else read these books? I am just starting out with the Dragons of Autumn Twilight by Weis and Hickman. So far it is a really good read if you like light, fluffy, cliche fantasy. Anyway discuss your thoughts on them.
Shike
Glad to see your starting with the Dragonlance Chronicles. THey are a good series, pay attention to Raistlin. He is probably the best character out of the books, except for Tasslehoff (the kender). They were written for TSR when Hickman was running a D&D game in the world (that is where the chronicles came from). All of the main characters are Fantasy Archtypes. FIghter, Wizard, Cleric, Thief, Ranger, Paladin, Barbarian, Dwarven Fighter. Enjoy the books, I think you will like the characters.
Victus13
Great series. I've read it quite a few times now. Tass and Raistlin are defenately great.
As well as Fizzban, he's a personal favorite. Though not with them for that long, still a great one.

As well, if you enjoy this series you should check out: Time of the Twins, Test of the Twins, War of the Twins (I dont know if that's the right order, lol.) All about Raistlin and Caramon. Smile
Noner
I have readed almost all of the Dragonlance books, which have been translated for my language. I would like to read also the english versions, but I can't, as my english is very weak, as you can surely see from my post.
Shike
I'm currently reading the Annotated Legends. IT's great. I love the story, but the annotations are great, well the ones form the authors and the poet.
Eyvind
Perhaps it's because I read it in my youth, in a time when I was deeply into D&D, and enamoured by the archetype characters but Chronicles is one of those books that really stuck with me over the years. I might even say it's my favourite of all time. Could never really get into the others in the series but I think Chronicles is special. Last year I received the Annotated version and, sadly, haven't had much time to read it yet.
Shike
Eyvind wrote:
Perhaps it's because I read it in my youth, in a time when I was deeply into D&D, and enamoured by the archetype characters but Chronicles is one of those books that really stuck with me over the years. I might even say it's my favourite of all time. Could never really get into the others in the series but I think Chronicles is special. Last year I received the Annotated version and, sadly, haven't had much time to read it yet.

You should really read the annotated version. Some of the comments are quite funny, and you get to find out character inspiration.
The3dx
Yeah!! atlast ppl that like Dragonlance!
I'm realy a fan of Dragonlance and fantasy!
I love Fizzban and the Kender...every book of Hikman and Margaret have the one god who is funny and stupid but he have great power and he just act like one...
You realy gonna like this series....i have bought all the seires...and read them all twice...every book..some even more...

I acctuly find that all the book of those two wriers are good...
It's seems that they have the best series so far...

Can anyone post here some good fantasy books?
I realy like to hear and read new things...

Enjoy from the Fantasy INeedHelp...i'm envy you...i wish and i never read them and could start all from the begining...
Shike
Check out these two threads Fantasy Fiction and Fantasy, anyone?.

Also, check out the book in my sig. It's more cyberpunkish, but he uses fantastic elements in it and the main character is a sword fighter. Smile
jharsika
I love the series the War of the Lance, The Chronicles of the Twins, Legend of the Twins, Raistlin Chronicles etc! They were all awesome. They had a background prequel type story about the twins the best way would be to read them in order that the story goes (I don't think they were written in order).
There are too many to figure out...I tried.
Droop
INeedHelp wrote:
Has anyone else read these books? I am just starting out with the Dragons of Autumn Twilight by Weis and Hickman. So far it is a really good read if you like light, fluffy, cliche fantasy. Anyway discuss your thoughts on them.

I haven't yet is it good? I'm really intrested in knowing how it goes!! Happy Posting!!
Ranti84
I've read the trilogy as well as 'Soulforge', and love all of them.

Raist has got to be one of my most favorite characters ever. He's probably the most developed of them and the one with the most intrigue.

Tanis was probably my second favoite.
Shike
Ranti84 wrote:
I've read the trilogy as well as 'Soulforge', and love all of them.

Raist has got to be one of my most favorite characters ever. He's probably the most developed of them and the one with the most intrigue.

Tanis was probably my second favoite.

I would have to agree, but when I read the Legends Trilogy I quickly became a fan of both Caramon and Tass. If you go into the war of souls, I really like Palin and Steel.