FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

flash player problem

riyadh
to enable winks in windows live messenger, i have to download the latest version of flash player using internet explorer. so i did. but they installed version 7 instead of version 9. can anyone plz tell me how i can fix this????
WickedGravity
All you have to do is go back to www.adobe.com and get the correct version of it from them, if that fails for some reason, you can go to www.filehippo.com, and on the left side of the screen you will see the option to download flash directly from them.
dude_xyx
Just reinstall the current flash player version from www.adobe.com.
cheeta
well when u view a web site with flash and u have a old player windows will autometically ask u to upgread the player with its link Smile
otiscom
Search the net and you can get an app to completely remove Flash Player from your PC.
Download it (it's free), run it and then return to Adobe site and install the LATEST version.
orcaz
The Flash DLLs are usually kept in C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash. You can find the files there. Also, juz yesterdae, i updated to 9.0.28, then they installed FlashUtil9b into that folder. when i clicked on it, avast antivirus reported a virus in it. Is it a false positive or is it a real virus?
WickedGravity
orcaz wrote:
The Flash DLLs are usually kept in C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash. You can find the files there. Also, juz yesterdae, i updated to 9.0.28, then they installed FlashUtil9b into that folder. when i clicked on it, avast antivirus reported a virus in it. Is it a false positive or is it a real virus?

If you got it from Adobe it is obviously a false positive. they haven't made themselves into a billion dollar company by infecting their customer's PC's right?

If it is a new piece of software a lot of the anti-virus applications will detect unknown strings in the code and think that they are viruses because they haven't been told they are not.

Just upgrade your software to the newest definitions and it will most likely tell Avast that the code is legitimate.
iflash
What about the reintalation of flash 8. or the answer is try to install only the plugin?