FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Arthritis: Preventative Maintenace

Jermore
We all obviously spend a lot of time on the computer which is pretty rough on the wrists and fingers with carpal tunnel and arthritis and I know there ergonomic keyboards and techniques for reducing stress but does anyone know about anything that can help when I'm using a laptop all of the time and I cant really bring a whole other keyboard around with me.

Interesting note: It has been found that eating fresh pineapples actually reduces joint pain.

EDIT:
looks like i answered my own question, sorta

http://www.keynamics.com/
http://physicaltherapy.about.com/od/ergonomics/qt/preventingcts.htm
icedrakon
i have lost my granmather from that illness. I have recenty read that the bones take the vitamins from the sun at 80% in order to get stronger.
I can only send you to 2 sites that have plenty of info

www.sciencedaily.com
www.realage.com
Drawingguy
Does anyone know if a broken bone can contribute to arthritis? Over the summer, I slightly fractured my elbow in a basketball game. Although it healed fine, I can still feel *something*-really slight and insignificant, but something nonetheless- whenever I either use that elbow a lot (like in another basketball game), or when I lift weights. Any ideas?
satksri
Many exercises of Goju-ryu Karate helps not only arthritis but many other ailments caused by sedentary lifestyles..

I have been practicing it for last 8 years and found them beneficial..
Even yoga postures- where you sit in lotus posture and raise your body first on hands, then on finger tips- can help.. But go slow and steady..
sachin