FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Another Photoshopping contest.. [CLOSED]

Loghete
The photo:
Linky

I give 90 FRIH$ to the one who makes the best modification of the picture.

The contest was won by The3dx with this image:

The bonus contest: If someone can name the building... was won by Montressor!
Manofgames
ill give it a go.
ocalhoun
Here's my try at it.
(Using the GIMP)
http://www.frih.onet.frih.net/commisions/final.jpg
Loghete
ocalhoun wrote:
Here's my try at it.
(Using the GIMP)
http://www.frih.onet.frih.net/commisions/final.jpg

Haha, nice. But actually it hasn't got to be that Saruman-ish.. Razz
Captain Fertile
No winner has been displayed - is the competiton still open?

Of course, if I enter I will have to find out what what on earth Saruman is. Embarassed

I like the picture that has already been submitted - those people look like they are being drawn to the building. Very good.

PS Just looked up Saruman - sadly I am the only person on the planet yet to see any of the LOTR movies.

Tried to read the Hobbit manytimes but have yet to finish it.

Anyway, this would not prevent me from having a go if the competition is still open and if I can find some inspiration of course. Difficult to be creative with a subject you know very little about.
Loghete
Captain Fertile wrote:
No winner has been displayed - is the competiton still open?

Of course, if I enter I will have to find out what what on earth Saruman is. Embarassed

I like the picture that has already been submitted - those people look like they are being drawn to the building. Very good.

PS Just looked up Saruman - sadly I am the only person on the planet yet to see any of the LOTR movies.

Tried to read the Hobbit manytimes but have yet to finish it.

Anyway, this would not prevent me from having a go if the competition is still open and if I can find some inspiration of course. Difficult to be creative with a subject you know very little about.

The contest is still open, because there are less than 5 contributions.
I'll edit the first post..

And doesn't have to be related in any way to Saruman, just make the building look like a castle of some evil guy..
Montressor
It's Kaleva Church, by Reima Pietilä located in Tempere, Finland.

I've done a general edit on the church and removed the light post, but haven't decided what (or whether) to do something else...
Perhaps you have some suggestions as to what modifications (reasonable modifications that is) you would like?

Do you have some ulterior motive to modify this church into an evil castle?
Loghete
Montressor wrote:
It's Kaleva Church, by Reima Pietilä located in Tempere, Finland.

I've done a general edit on the church and removed the light post, but haven't decided what (or whether) to do something else...
Perhaps you have some suggestions as to what modifications (reasonable modifications that is) you would like?

Do you have some ulterior motive to modify this church into an evil castle?

Wow, correct answer! You will get the prize in 1 min..
I just have to ask, how did you know?

About the modifications I really don't know myself, it's up to you competitors to come up with something, so use your fantasy Very Happy

And no, I'm just having this contest for fun Smile
Montressor
Loghete wrote:

I didn't know, I found out...
You've claimed you're location to be Finland, so my initial thought was that it was a Finnish University building. That first impression was proved wrong when I searched though your earlier posts and found (eureka) a picture gallery that I was fairly certain possesed the picture with a comment on what was the subject. The information I gleaned from that (you stated that is was a church), I then used to google. A google image search for Finland + Church lead me to the correct answer in a short time and I identified that it was indeed the same church by the strange structure on top.
Elementary my dear Watson (no offense to the superior methods of Sherlok meant) Wink
That is how a California guy finds out the name of a Finnish church. If I ever visit Finland, I'll be sure to look up the church.
Trickster
I will try soon.. expect it about 27-28
Loghete
Montressor wrote:
Loghete wrote:

I didn't know, I found out...
You've claimed you're location to be Finland, so my initial thought was that it was a Finnish University building. That first impression was proved wrong when I searched though your earlier posts and found (eureka) a picture gallery that I was fairly certain possesed the picture with a comment on what was the subject. The information I gleaned from that (you stated that is was a church), I then used to google. A google image search for Finland + Church lead me to the correct answer in a short time and I identified that it was indeed the same church by the strange structure on top.
Elementary my dear Watson (no offense to the superior methods of Sherlok meant) Wink
That is how a California guy finds out the name of a Finnish church. If I ever visit Finland, I'll be sure to look up the church.

Oh wow, man!

You deserve an avatar!

Trickster
Okay heres my try:

EDIT:
Well i guess i could make that happen Wink

Here's my entry
Loghete
Thanks for the entry Smile

Since we still only have 2 contributions, I'll put the deadline on January 20th instead.
Eyvind
Here's my entry. Kinda simple compared with the other entries but fun to make.

Take care,
Eyvind
The3dx
cute work all...
i will try do something now... Wink
The3dx
i did it at work..so it's not so good..
The3dx

another one....just for fun
Loghete
Thanks Very Happy

Okay, well, the deadline is set for 20th January now, and that will be the last one.. So, after that, I'll judge them. All other who wants to participate have to post their work before that.
Crazy_Canuck
I'm in! But I need some time and to do some research first! I'm like the Cap'n up there ... not such a big LOTR fan (I have seen the movies, but I watched them back-to-back so the details are a bit fuzzy, as you can imagine!).

Beautiful entries so far, everyone!

Is there an upload size limit that perhaps should be considered here (I notice Trickster's great entry is stretching out the thread width). What will make it easier for you to judge them, Loghete?
Loghete
Crazy_Canuck wrote:
Is there an upload size limit that perhaps should be considered here (I notice Trickster's great entry is stretching out the thread width). What will make it easier for you to judge them, Loghete?

Well yeah, it would had been better with a link than attaching the photo..
LostOverThere
Whoa! These are great guys! Wish I was as skilled as you all! Applause
Loghete
Ah, I forgot about this contest!

Well, the contest is now closed.

And the winner is.... The3dx!
Best idea, and good photoshopping.

Your FRIH$ will be delivered in a minute.
Helios
Alright, -closed- then.