FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Any J-rockers here?

vanille
...Very Happy I know you're out there!
Chelissamow
Heck yes!

I was kind of shocked to not see any Asian music thread here... xD

Anywho, my favourites J-rock bands are: SIAM SHADE, Gazette, SID, BUMP OF CHICKEN, Art-School, Asian Kung-Fu Generation, UVERworld, and Zwei. There are more that I've recently started listening to but I forgot the names of the bands.
shigajet
I also listen to a bit of J-Rock (and some J-Pop) every now and again...not as much as I used to. My favs include Mr. Children, globe, Every Little Thing, Spitz (older material), Hikaru Utada (First Love, Distance). On top of that, the only novelty single (well, at that time) I kinda liked was Matsuken Samba by Ken Matsudaira.
vanille
Right! And there's an anime forum, but such a lack of music threads!

I'm looking for new material...something a little more upbeat then my usual Saku from Dir en Grey. I'll try those bands you listed...any others you'd like to recommend? Very Happy
rightclickscott
I've spent alot of time listening to The Pillows, ya know, the guys who did the FLCL soundtrack. However, I haven't dabbled in anything else.
Chelissamow
vanille - If you're into visual kei like Dir en Grey, I'd suggest D'espairsRay and Lareine. They're both visual kei bands. I haven't actually listened to them that much but from what I've heard so far, they're pretty good.

Gazette and SID are also really good bands. SID is more of a ... jazzy rock band (can't really describe them that well...)