FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

break the most online users record.

Xcelerate
On December 1st at 6 PM GMT everyone get on. Spread the word to all users. It's time for a record!
rightclickscott
That sounds like a really stupid idea. I'm in.

By the way, I highly doubt everyone's gonna do something like this...
teko
are you trying to kill the server???
scotty
What do you do after you break it? Break it again? Silly idea. Everybody always forgets anyway.
Davedough
Noble idea but that'll work about as well as the old "dont buy gas on Tuesday to hurt the oil companies" emails that go around everytime the cost of petrol rises. =\
ocalhoun
Judging from the response to this thread, breaking the record in this way doesn't seem feasible.
R2.DETARD
If I wasn't out of the country I would do it.
It's pointless, but why not?
scotty
R2.DETARD wrote:

It's pointless and it wastes time.
Srs2388
I think you mean break the server... not the record.
James007
scotty wrote:
R2.DETARD wrote:

People, if you want to participate, you post. If you don't want to participate, you don't press the reply button.
Droop
Xcelerate wrote:
on december 1st at 6 pm on the +4 time zone everyone get on. spread the word to all users its time for a record.

I'm soo down that would be so interesting. BUt yeah not to sound stupid or anything but what's that mean 6pm +4 timezone, is that pst or mst etc. btw, who's gonna be tracking these numbers and how do we see who else is hitting those high numbers. It will be an event I don't wanna miss Smile nevertheless i'm in town that week and i'm sure I can be online for it Smile happy posting!!
sibbahz
If every single member of frihost logged on at the same time, the whole of server 1 would most likely come to a halt.
So hopefully it wont happen!
ocalhoun
It would be easy to break the most users online record! The trick would be to use guest accounts.
1: set www.frihost.com/forums as your homepage.
2: make sure you have lots of RAM.
3: Open 100+ browser windows.
Xcelerate
Wow. I didn't actually think that many people would respond.

I guess it's only for the people who have time to waste. Very Happy (or time to procrastinate).

Let's just do GMT 6 PM.
Inferno619
That would be pretty cool, lol.

I hope that does happen, but, I don't think that all the users will get on. The likelyhood of people seeing this message is pretty unlikely.
Blaster
yea sure i'll be in on this one. I'll probley be on anyway. As long as i don't have practice at that time. Very Happy
anburiku
Xcelerate wrote:
On December 1st at 6 PM GMT everyone get on. Spread the word to all users. It's time for a record!
i doubt a lot of people will do that
Blaster
i think a lot of people will. Its not like its a hard thing to do. It will take like 10 mins. It gives a reason for people to come and get points and FRIH$.
a.Bird
I'm down. Wink

ocalhoun wrote:
It would be easy to break the most users online record! The trick would be to use guest accounts.

But... that's cheating?
Scorpio
It certainly does serves one purpose of boasting to the new comers..

But as said earlier, it would probably be forgotten by most who visited this thread.. and there are people who havent seen it.

If the admins want this to materialize then the best thing would be to post a global announcement or something requesting people to do it.

This would mean everybody would see it and most would respond positively I guess
soulman
ocalhoun wrote:

good idea... but will any one really do this?
Arseniy
Why you think that it's stupid idea? Is it difficult for you to be here just in time?
I'm with you. Just must to remember...
Josso
1st of December? Ok I'll be on.
babumuchhala
A super duper IDIOTIC IDEA.

But i still like it. And am in. Very Happy

as it i just need to remember that i need to sign in on 1 December, bcos am waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay tooooooooo busy with my studies , and have absolutely no time Sad

I will make a Google Calander alert for it Very Happy
Xcelerate
new record is now 102. so we got to spread the word. and if it is a stupid idea to some dnt do it. but i love stupid ideas that give me more things to do. u only live once so lets set records.[/quote]
ocalhoun
soulman wrote:

good idea... but will any one really do this?

I can't; my internet PC has only 256 MB of RAM, and that is mostly used up with only one browser window.
nilsmo
Xcelerate wrote:

You will never break the record of, say, Gaia forums ( http://www.gaiaonline.com/ ). Let's see, right now they have 43,935 users online and their record is 68,141 on Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:24 pm. Our record is 106 users, so even having a boatload of guest accounts won't near 68k. Unless, of course.... Razz
ocalhoun
I don't think we want to go overboard like that with it...
What would people think when they see:
We have 26,573 registered users ...
... The most users ever online was 34,564 on ...

Seriously, Frihost is a big forum, but we're not anywhere close to a point where we could think of competing with the biggest forums.
a.Bird
I think some people are making this too huge of a thing. Be here on December 1 or watch Sponge Bob instead. It's your choice. You either get it or you don't.
dvanex
why shouldn't we do this. The server hosts allot of sites I think its fine. Remembering is fine also just come on any time that day, or any day, or any week for those of us who simply leave their com. This will make it clear we do want to compete with those forums. Why shouldn't we. Ok ya well I will umm.... notice the number of people online on December firsts 6:00 goodbye.
Quiviro
You, no, we are crazy. Very Happy We'll meet here 1st December at 6:00 p.m. GMT.
Let's spread the word.
RiCtee
COOL IDEA!!! Put a 10 minute period. For example from 6:00 to 6:10 GMT.
Dragon2Storm
ok server crash im in =/
Xcelerate
i agree w/ RiCtee from 6 - 6:10 this way we can give a little room for ppl to sign in and get on. december 1st it is HOORAY!
madsencarl
James007 wrote:
scotty wrote:
R2.DETARD wrote:

People, if you want to participate, you post. If you don't want to participate, you don't press the reply button.

Dude, no offense, but calm down - it's a discussion forum, not an agreement forum. If everybody agreed with everyone else we'd be living in a pretty boring world.
Blaster
disaggread.... Razz Hey why are you trash talking james. He is cool. But hey it will lead to debates. And they will lead to long topics. Very Happy

And i dont' think i'll be able to make it with swim practice and all. Sorry i would love to help out Sad Maybe i'll just leave the screen up and be in as a guest. Very Happy