FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PHP editor

vinx_18
Can anyone tell me where to download a free software html,php,etc. editor for linux? something like dreamweaver.... Very Happy
wumingsden
vinx_18 wrote:
Can anyone tell me where to download a free software html,php,etc. editor for linux? something like dreamweaver.... Very Happy

After a quick search, NEdit seems good. Howvever, I cannot vouch for it. A quick Google Searcg will help you greatly to find what you need.
{name here}
vinx_18 wrote:

vim can do this. In the command line type "gvim" to get the graphical version that you would want. There is also gedit which comes with gnome and emacs.
WickedGravity
Screem is decent enough, I am a big fan of Nvu as well. I might add for others that Nvu is a multi-platform editing program.
sarapicoazul
Bluefish, definitely ! It's absolutely great !!!

http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/index.html
dickyzin
Check out PHP Designer 2007. It is an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for PHP. It supports websites or applicatoins written in PHP, HTML, MySQL, XML, CSS, JavaScript, VBScript, Java, C#, Perl, Python and Ruby!
cheeta
NotePlus ++ is also a basic good Code editor for Php .,.,.
Vyriix
An advise would be to get a Unicode editor, I use SuperEdi

What you need is syntax highlighting, unicode support so that encodings don't get messed up(especially databases), line counting, wordwraps etc etc etc.
kiranaghor
I have used PHP designer 2006 and it is really good. Even the person who has created www.phpvideotutorials.com also uses the same editor.
__zPu__
Gphphedit is good.
I also use the plugin for eclipse
And vi too.
surdy
I use Nvu , and i'm quite satisfied with it. Works fine for me. Very Happy
Sergiy
PSPad is free and the best Very Happy
corey
I'd have to give the second vote for Bluefish for the PHP editor (I wish they had a Windows port too). I understand that many will swear by Kate as well, but not everyone wants to install the KDE libs. With the right plugins, I am sure that gVim and Xemacs would also suffice.
Alankurd
dickyzin wrote:
Check out PHP Designer 2007. It is an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for PHP. It supports websites or applicatoins written in PHP, HTML, MySQL, XML, CSS, JavaScript, VBScript, Java, C#, Perl, Python and Ruby!

This is deffently the best one ive tryed it even has a debuging thing , you can debugg it and find bugs in a single click you dont hae to do it in your browser and then you can click on the report and it will get you to the bugged area in just a click i really recommend this
desertwind
gphpedit is th best for gnu/linux for php editing.
Bluefish is also quite good.

Even though I don't like WYSIWYG editors, nvu is the best in this category.
wodor
Learn vim,

http://www.vim.org/

it's very powerful, it has a great syntax highliting and when you switch to any other programming language (html, css, C++, python... ) vim will still be useful, because it's universal.