FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ghost 2003

linexpert
hi
i got ghost 2003 and installed it and it seems to work properly. the only thing is that the disk itself is bootable. when i boot it it asks me which drivers i want to load, after that it takes me to some sort of command prompt. what is this command prompt for?
Kelvin
You should just make a bootable floopy with Ghost under Windows environment which can load into the Ghost interface in DOS during bootup. From there you can just backup/restore.

If you are using the Ghost CD to bootup, then maybe you should type DIR *.EXE to look for executables. You'll most likely find the Ghost.exe file that'll take u to the Ghost interface in DOS.
linexpert
the ghost .exe is located at F:\support\ghost.exe
F is my cd drive. If i boot from the cd (i don't want to waste a floppy, also don't have a floppy at the moment) what would i type in on bootup?

thanks
LzW-x
You should not worry about the different driver scenarios offered by the GHOST boot disk unless you need to restore a partition from a network share... For local use, the one handy thing to have is a mouse driver! So you should type commands like this:

F:
CD \
CD SUPPORT
MOUSE
GHOST

I used a couple of preliminary commands at the top just to make sure you're starting in the right folder... There ought to be a mouse driver right there and although you can use the program without it, a makes it nicer so if the MOUSE command returns an error, attempt to find it like:

CD \
DIR /S MOUSE.COM

Then if it shows which folder it is in, use the CD command to go there and launch it or type the full path to launch it.