FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Free Office replacement for Mac

teko
Anyone know of any free or opensource software which you could use as a replacement to Microsoft office for use on OS X Tiger?
teko
well found one, openoffice seems to have a port for Mac OS X tiger
kiranaghor
U can try Neo Office. It is available fro macs only and is well optimized for mac platform.
teko
thanks for that, looks exactly what I am after as openoffice doesn't seem to be optimised for Mac OS X yet
cheeta
Hey guyess forgot about the Best of them all... [url=http://www.openoffice.org]OpenOfice.org ??

check out their Free Mac OS X version...

http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/download/index.html
surdy
Open Office rulez Very Happy

Go for it . It is surely the best alternative Very Happy
lukeropro
Yeah I've tried it on windows but uninstalled it later cos it was lagging my computer. It only has 256 RAM. It's pretty good if you're looking for an alternative to ms office
teko
openoffice is not yet optimised for the Mac, neooffice is basically openoffice but it has been optimised to run on a mac.
orcaz
dunnoe whether anyone has this problem, when I compared OpenOffice with MS Office, I found that if you use the same text, and type it into open office, and save it as .doc extension, it would produce a much bloated (larger file size) document as compared to the one MS Office produces. So, I decided to stick to MS Office, though openoffice document extension may be smaller, but the problem is that it is very troublesome, as none of my friends use OpenOffice.