FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Not liking Rodents?

Drawingguy
I'm not too sure. Does anyone dislike rodents? That includes mice, rats, hampsters, chinchillas (are these even rodents?), squirrels, and rabbits.
I didn't really not like them when I was younger, but then I saw a hampster yawn... and those teeth were crazy. Anyway, I just wanted to know if I was alone on the whole discomfort-around-rats thing, or if it was a fairly reasonable rationale.
Studio Madcrow
I don't know. Once upon a time, in the days of the plague and the like there was a good reason to dislike rodents... But these days it's silly and irrational. Plus, rodents are CUTE!!!! Who could NOT see a cute little mouse and fall in love?
hlavco
My grandmother is, like, deathly afraid of rodents. Incredibly afraid.

One time, my dog killed a mouse, so she gave the dog a treat. Whenever she came to our house, we'd have to close the door of the room where the hamsters were kept.
Rico
Musophobia or Muriphobia- Fear of mice. Some people are so scared of mice they’ll display behavior that is the same as a person going through a life or death experience. They’ll do irrational things like jump on furniture, on each other or anywhere elevated to make themselves feel safe.

Try reading Maurice and His Educated Rodents by Terry Pratchett and see a more human side of the four legged little people.
rachelisntlost
I really like the way rodents look- they're adorable. But I have had them many times over the years as pets, and I have to say, it was really miserable trying to take care of them. I prefer just to look Smile
jwellsy

We LOVE Mice!!!

Which way did they go?