FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Playstation 3 Exclusive Pictures

barryforever
I got the latest ps3 from japan for this holiday so i thought i can just post the images of the new PS3 just for those people who couldnt get one so enjoy

psycosquirrel
Interesting. Looks like you MAY be able to just upgrade that hard drive to a bigger one... It is a standard 7200RPM SATA drive.

Is the PS3 region-free, or do you have to play Japanese games on yours?
Xeniczone
From what I here the Playstation 3 is region free.

I don't think the hard drive will be upgradable for the playstation 2 they messed with the firmware on the hard drive so when the playstation boots up it will read that part that was messed with and comferm that the hard drive works. Otherwise it will turn the hard drive off.
william
Looks nice. It's great to see some close up images as well as images of the internal components. I can see that you got the premium version.

Also, I think the Playstation 3 is region free. As for the hard drive, you probably could upgrade it (it's a 2.5" drive) but that will require some modding.
k_s_baskar
Nice work thanks a lot Mr.Barry.

How many ppls can play ps3 game at a time?.

Shall u please post the price for ps3?(in dollors) .

Smile
pll
If you look you can see that the PLAYSTATION 3 (written on the console) is the sam as SPIDERMAN 2 logo.
psycosquirrel
The text?

That's been known for a LONG time. I still don't know why they did't pick a cooler font...
Xeniczone
Quote:
How many ppls can play ps3 game at a time?.

Shall u please post the price for ps3?(in dollors) .

It was origanally said that 8 could play 7 wireless and 1 wired.

But by looking at the new controllor back it only seems like 4 can play wireless. who knows if it only supports 4 to 8.

500 dollars US Core
600 dollars US Prenium
the6thfactor
Wish I could afford one Confused

Looks great though, very impressed so far with features and looks Smile
Donutey
psycosquirrel wrote:
Interesting. Looks like you MAY be able to just upgrade that hard drive to a bigger one... It is a standard 7200RPM SATA drive.

Is the PS3 region-free, or do you have to play Japanese games on yours?

From scans of the PS3 manual, they give instructions on how to upgrade it.
dachabre
I can't belive that they put card reader for CF and SD card's. They will protect their stupid and expensive memory stick......
Teddy1
Nice pics!, But i think that the ps3 looks pretty much like a computer, i mean like it's way similar to a computer with greater hardware made for gaming only. What do you guys think ?
johnsonap
At the end of the day, is it worth the money that we are going to have to spend to get one??

Several friends of mine are ordering them now, ready to sell on ebay as soon as they get them, assuming they go as quick as the PS2 did, and people are then willing to pay as much as double the retail cost to get hold of one???
Risky £400 to spen if you ask me, but what do you think?
Xeniczone
Playstation 3 is a great chunck of hardware. You may say it's a computer because it comes with Linux.

I wouldn't buy one right away because of the current errors.

Not 100% backwards compadible
No Upscaling and Downscaling so certain TV's have problems viewing it.
Wireless controllor problems. Works fine if connected directly through a long USB cord.
Josso
I really hope they have properly thought out the cooling this time.
Xeniczone
There really hasn't been cooling issue except in stores where they put them in a small space with no ventilation. When you have them at home and in a large area, unless you put it in a plexy glass box to, then you shouldn't have a heat issue.