FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

question about the end of FMA. <SPOILERS>

velcrobandits
When FMA first came out in Japan, I downloaded the subs like crazy. I got pretty far into the first Scar saga, then I stopped. Recently, they've been showing Full Metal Alchemist on some tv station around here, and I want to know if the episodes they just played were the last ones. Basically, all the homunculi are gathered with AL tied to some seal on the ground. Roy Mustang just killed the fuhrer, who is revealed to be a homunculus. Ed passes back through the gate after chatting with his dad ( who fathered the homunculus or what? i didnt get it ) and ed is killed. Then AL does something to save Ed, Ed in turn sacrifices himself to save AL. I missed a couple of episodes here, but I caught the summary in later episodes. The last thing I saw was Ed trapped in the non alchemy world with AL back home with no memory of his alchemy adventures. Is this the end of the series?
QrafTee
velcrobandits wrote:
When FMA first came out in Japan, I downloaded the subs like crazy. I got pretty far into the first Scar saga, then I stopped. Recently, they've been showing Full Metal Alchemist on some tv station around here, and I want to know if the episodes they just played were the last ones. Basically, all the homunculi are gathered with AL tied to some seal on the ground. Roy Mustang just killed the fuhrer, who is revealed to be a homunculus. Ed passes back through the gate after chatting with his dad ( who fathered the homunculus or what? i didnt get it ) and ed is killed. Then AL does something to save Ed, Ed in turn sacrifices himself to save AL. I missed a couple of episodes here, but I caught the summary in later episodes. The last thing I saw was Ed trapped in the non alchemy world with AL back home with no memory of his alchemy adventures. Is this the end of the series?

Yes, it is. However the movie gives closure to the series, so I recommend you go watch that. It's called Conqueror of Shamballa. It features a grown Al in search of his brother.
NeoValkyrion
After seeing the movie, they really should make a second FMA series following their attempts to get back into their real world. Because although Al and Ed were reunited, Winry got ditched.

Plus it would be interesting to see the adventures of two alchemists in Germany.
QrafTee
NeoValkyrion wrote:
After seeing the movie, they really should make a second FMA series following their attempts to get back into their real world. Because although Al and Ed were reunited, Winry got ditched.

Plus it would be interesting to see the adventures of two alchemists in Germany.

No, the point of it was for the brothers to be together. Remember Winry said something like, "Last time he didn't get to say good bye, but I feel that this time he's not going to come back." I liked how the movie ended and it does give closure. I wouldn't like to watch FMA while the two brothers just shoot rocket at bad guys because alchemy never evolved in er... the other world.