FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Advice on logo

seanooi
I've just made a logo for a friend of mine who's going to start his own home remodeling company. So I'd appreciate it if you guys could give comments on the logo I've made.

{name here}
Simple and effective. Crop it and I'd think it'd do well as a logo.
crdowner
First suggestion is to correct the spelling. It should be remodeling with one L.

Then I have a question. What is the significance of the Chinese letters?

Please forgive me if I am wrong on the country.
Dragate
It's a pretty good logo.

Be prepared to choose second pair of colours, becuase it won't alwasy be on black things.

The font of the title, might need some changing. It doesn't really fit the idea of home modeling. The effect could be done a bit better too.

overall: pretty good~

good luck
jeremyyak
Looks nice, but do fix the typo Smile

Try a little shading inside the house maybe? But it still looks good.
~Jeremy~
indeedwrestling
Use more colors. A good advertisement should have 8-11 different colors on it and at least sixteen different fonts. I suggest a rainbow for this reason to all my clients.
Slick
indeedwrestling wrote:
Use more colors. A good advertisement should have 8-11 different colors on it and at least sixteen different fonts. I suggest a rainbow for this reason to all my clients.

i can think of thousands of "everyday" common logos which contradict your comment....

16 different fonts are you mad? virtually every letter would have to be a different font.... get a grip!
indeedwrestling
Slick wrote:
indeedwrestling wrote:

i can think of thousands of "everyday" common logos which contradict your comment....

16 different fonts are you mad? virtually every letter would have to be a different font.... get a grip!

I think you vastly underestimate how effect and attention-grabbing such logos are. If you'd realize how many logos my company makes (look at your shoes, or more accurately your socks, for instance) you'd realize how effective we've been in getting you to buy products where the parent companies pay us to advocate on their behalf. There is even a major world religion (I'm not going to say which but I'll hint that it has at least one God that you've heard of) which has been in prolonged negotiations with our company. If the deal goes through, I think you'll be noticing a lot more "hipness" to the pew decorations (rainbows, again) and porkless dinners.
seanooi
Yeah, i noticed the typo after i uploaded the file and was too lazy to make the changes then. The Chinese characters mean "thousands of bright houses"

I'm pretty bad at color combination so some suggestions would be great. I was thinking professional, so I thought the Arial font was kind of a good fit, but suggestions are always welcome.

8 to 11 rainbow-like colors? Wouldn't that be a little weird? No offense but I never seen very color full logos before besides Microsoft. But yeah, I'd give it a try.

I'll upload a revised one after I'm done with it. Thanks guys for all the valuable comments and suggestions, hope to hear more coming. Very Happy
rein
A logo for a company like this will probably also be used on print-work and other media. In that case it'd be best if you made a plain black on white version too; to see if it still works.
Also, an outer glow doesn't look very professional imo. Keep the bevel and emboss if you must, but try to stay away from overly done cheesy effects.
Less is more.
I like the house with the chinese characters in it though, and the balance between text and logo is quite good too.
Nice work.
{name here}
indeedwrestling wrote:
Slick wrote:
indeedwrestling wrote:

I think you vastly underestimate how effect and attention-grabbing such logos are. If you'd realize how many logos my company makes (look at your shoes, or more accurately your socks, for instance) you'd realize how effective we've been in getting you to buy products where the parent companies pay us to advocate on their behalf. There is even a major world religion (I'm not going to say which but I'll hint that it has at least one God that you've heard of) which has been in prolonged negotiations with our company. If the deal goes through, I think you'll be noticing a lot more "hipness" to the pew decorations (rainbows, again) and porkless dinners.

Some of the most successful businesses and sites have quite bland logos - IBM, SCO, Microsoft, Apple, Prinicpal, ETrade, eBaumsWorld, Something Awful, eBay, and Yahoo are all examples of simplicity beating out complexity.
Slick
Big Up {name here]

agree fully!

@ indeedwrestling, i looked at my socks... n hmm there plain black... looked at my other pairs n there plain white.. oh found a grey pair!

could you please provide some "everyday" common, and recognisable logos that contain 8 to 11 different colours and 16 fonts?

be much appriciated!
Slick
any at all?
iflash
seanooi wrote:
Yeah, i noticed the typo after i uploaded the file and was too lazy to make the changes then. The Chinese characters mean "thousands of bright houses"

I'm pretty bad at color combination so some suggestions would be great. I was thinking professional, so I thought the Arial font was kind of a good fit, but suggestions are always welcome.

8 to 11 rainbow-like colors? Wouldn't that be a little weird? No offense but I never seen very color full logos before besides Microsoft. But yeah, I'd give it a try.

I'll upload a revised one after I'm done with it. Thanks guys for all the valuable comments and suggestions, hope to hear more coming. Very Happy

About of the Chinese characters, remember other languages like spanish, and think that the latinos at least speak english.
Vyriix
I don't like the outer glow of the whole thing. And it's too dark.
Puzzledmoose
Nice overall design, but the emboss and glow give it a "plasticy" feel that i'm not sure is the impression you want to give for a remodelling company ..

Incidentally the spelling of remodelling would be perfectly correct in the UK - we spell things properly there .. Wink
engeland
Change your glow colour to white instead of yellow.
That should give the black a more stricking look.

Overall, this logo is quite good