FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Xbox '360 question

Arseniy
My friend want to buy himself xbox'360. But he doesn't know info about it and he doesn't use an Internet. He need:
type of info carrier
number of hz
price of xbox (in $)
requireents of TV and hardware
another info about it (as you wish).
Please reply here!
Cole
Xbox 360 runs on a single procssor that has 3 cores that each run at 3.2ghz. Each core has 2 threads.
It runs on an ATI graphics card and a Graphics API between Dx9 and Dx10.
I'm not sure of $ because since price drops. Although he could always check at the store... Although there are 2 versions out:
A Core version, that doesn't include a hard drive. The core version is about a $100 less. In order to save games you would need a memory card.

A full version that comes with a hard drive, I think it comes with a controller and a game(not sure?). You can save your games right to the hard drive.

TV? If it has the Yellow, Red\White connectors your good, also supports HDMI.

I don't have a 360 myself but my cousins do, nice console I hear the newly released Gears of War is an excellent game.
william
Well, like Cole said, it has a single CPU with three cores at 3.2 GHz and two threads. It runs a 256 bit ATI graphics card that runs at, I think, 500 MHz with 10 MB of VRAM and it also shares memory with the main RAM. The Xbox 360 is available in two versions, the Core and the "Premium." Core costs $300 and it comes with a wired controller. The Premium version comes with the 20 GB hard drive, a wireless controller, a Xbox Live headset, and more. You basically get $210 worth of accessories when you buy the premium. As for connection with the TV, there are many ways. The simplist way that works with almost any TV is the composite AV. (The Core version ships woth a composite AV). The Premium version also has the component HD, which, in the new versions, allow full 1080p resolution. (However, some TVs don't accept full HD with component). As for HDMI, forget it. It doesn't have it. It doesn't have DVI either.

Other information is that it can use memory cards that hold 64 MB of storage. (That's basically your portable storage and your storage for the Core version). The console has 512 MB of RAM which is shared with the graphics. Also, your friend might want to consider the HD-DVD drive. There are no games that we know of that utilize the HD-DVD drive but it's pretty good for movies. (Even though you won't get full HD on some TVs). Still at a decent price of $200.

Anyway, that's about it.
Xeniczone
Xbox 360 has a hidden cost.

Unless you must play halo anything else will be avalible for the playstation 3. (and playstation 3 has killzone Wink )

Xbox 360 Prenium $400 dollars
Next-Gen HD-DVD $200 dollars
WIFI-----------------$100 dollars
+_________________________
Xbox WIFI HD-DVD$700 dollars

Xbox 360 Standard$300 dollars
Next-Gen HD-DVD $200 dollars
Hard drive----------$100 dollars
+_________________________
Xbox HDD HD-DVD$600 dollars
And still not backwards compadible

Playstation 3 $600 dollars
BACKWARDs compadible
Wifi
Blue-ray disk Bigger compacity
bigger hard drive

Playstation 3 standard $500 dollars
BACKWARDs compadible
Blue-ray disk Bigger compacity
same size hard drive

All the sudden the Playstation 3 doesn't look so expensive and I think the playstation 3 standard comes with a wireless bluetooth controllor when the xbox 360 standard only has a wired.
Arseniy
Thanks guys. But games... They come on disc (CD/DVD) or on something special (not discs - flashstick or mmc)?
william
The games come out on DVDs. YOu can also purchase mini games online that are saved to the hard drive.
Arseniy
Thanks william. That's all that I needed.
*close please*
Cole
Xeniczone, you do realize that he asked for the 360 and not the HD-DVD drive?
Many people do not care about that drive, so minus your $200 because the average consumer doesn't even have an HD-DVD Tv, so why would they need a HD-DVD drive?

and not everything will be availaible between 360 and Ps3, many games yes....but far from every game.
psycosquirrel
But all the good games (besides Halo) will be on both Wink
Xeniczone
Quote:
Xeniczone, you do realize that he asked for the 360 and not the HD-DVD drive?
Many people do not care about that drive, so minus your $200 because the average consumer doesn't even have an HD-DVD Tv, so why would they need a HD-DVD drive?

and not everything will be availaible between 360 and Ps3, many games yes....but far from every game.

And do you realize that some games may require the HD-DVD drive to play the game, and if some games require it and they want to start using High-end graphics they are going to need the space or you are going to slow the game down with uncompressing files into the memory.