FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Could someone explan aol wireless to me?

secret_soul
I really hope that this is in the right place...

I currently have aol silver broadband at home. It is not wireless. I want to change it to aol silver wireless broadband - the ad claims that it will cost the same and I'd love wireless on my laptop. My laptop has mobile technology so that should be ok but the aol website is being very unclear on how to go about switching. Can anyone explain to me exactly what I have to do?

THanks
wumingsden
secret_soul wrote:
I really hope that this is in the right place...

I currently have aol silver broadband at home. It is not wireless. I want to change it to aol silver wireless broadband - the ad claims that it will cost the same and I'd love wireless on my laptop. My laptop has mobile technology so that should be ok but the aol website is being very unclear on how to go about switching. Can anyone explain to me exactly what I have to do?

THanks

I have just (like yesterday) setted it up on my PC and laptop. Isn't silver broadband and silver wireless broadband exactly the same? I ask because on my AOL box it says silver broadband but it is in fact wireless (because its a router). If it is a router, which it probably is, and you have already installed it on your PC when you just need to follow the setup cd again and choose the seup network connection. You then need to enable wireless connections and follow the different steps.

*Note - the router first has to be installed using a wire. You can then connection any other wireless connections wirelessly.

*Note - make sure all of the telephone sockets in your house have a filter fittered.
secret_soul
Well the broadband I have didn't come with a router - just a modem.
wumingsden
Here it talks about AOL silver (which is wireless). It does not say anything about AOL silver broadband. On my AOL box it says AOL silver broadband but it is in fact wireless. I'm a little confused though now. Let me just look around a little....
Jaan
If you wan't wireless for home use, get a router - much cheaper in the end. And I wouldn't get a wireless service now, as the next generation wireless standard is about to come out, so everything will be upgraded or price will be downgraded and speed will be a hypothetical 150mbps (i think).
SFMeatwad
Think of it this way:

It's America Online, but it's WIRELESS!