FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Illustator doesn't save as pdf

jeanoradean
I know my problem is an existing one, but still: I can't get Adobe Illustrator to save as pdf. I looked it up on Google, tried everything (reinstalling, deleting some files that Illustrator recreates) but nothing works. Does anyone know the real solution?
LethcanAernis
A dirty solution but it should work. Download PDF creator from sourceforge and install it... it will install a pdf printer. In Illustrator print to this PDF Creator printer and it will work Smile
cheeta
yup PDF printer would be a good idea...

Here is one good software....

Called PDF 995 free version with Ads... i use it... pretty good... Smile
blueray
Did you tryed Save as ?
johanfh
cheeta wrote:
yup PDF printer would be a good idea...

Here is one good software....

Called PDF 995 free version with Ads... i use it... pretty good... Smile

Very Happy Commercial... Very Happy It's very good software. I used it for two or three years. And the ADS? They are just on your screen, not in your file. It works really great Wink Sorry for the commercial, but I do really like PDF995

JohanFH
LethcanAernis
Happy it worked, it didn't really solve the problem but could work as a work around Smile
ronald.helpdesk
jeanoradean wrote:
I know my problem is an existing one, but still: I can't get Adobe Illustrator to save as pdf. I looked it up on Google, tried everything (reinstalling, deleting some files that Illustrator recreates) but nothing works. Does anyone know the real solution?

Ok my friend, I don't actually know if you have resolved your problem in the first place, later on, I don't know if you've followed the proper procedure. I'll tell you, how "I save pdf from Adobe Illustrator CS".

1. Create your design
2. Select File menu
2. Select Scripts sub-menu
3. Select option Save doc as pdf
4. Go to menu (you'll see that save is disabled) use save as instead of it.
5. Asign a name for the file, click save
6. Adobe PDF options appears on screen
7. Choose your customized options for the file, compatibility, editing capabilities, Thumbnails options, Web View, preview if you want, Compression, Mark & Bleeds, Security or anything you want to.
8. If you want to save your preset now, you can do it, if not click over SAVE PDF.
9. And that's it, you have a brand new Illustrator made PDF desing of document.

I hope it helps you with your problem, and of course you can use a pdf printer, but if you know what graphical design means, you want quality, not just a bunch of images and text looking like shit. Remember that text created in illustrator can be transformed in curves, and pdf printers assumes that they're images, so the final product comes with very low quality.

Greetings.