FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do know how to make BBQ sauce?

Do you know how to make BBQ sauce?
yes
41%
 41%  [ 7 ]
no
58%
 58%  [ 10 ]
WTF is BBQ sauce?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

ocalhoun
Just answer the question.
(Research)
Blaster
no but i want to. I wish i could really badly. Anyhow good luck with the research. Very Happy
ocalhoun
Blaster wrote:
I wish i could really badly.

Google it; then you will be able to make it really badly.
Blaster
i actually want to make some hot sauce. Me and my friend are one of these days. I'll have to google it some time when i'm not so busy.
crimson_aria
I don't. I wish I do though.
Traveller
A lot of great BBS sauces exist and, although I like a lot of them, my favourite thing for ribs is just a basic, dry rub:
Quote:
2 T Cumin
1 T Chile powder
1 T dry mustard
T salt
1 t Cayenne
1 t Cardamom
1 t Cinnamon
(Source unknown: somebody gave this to me years ago, and I don't know their original source)

Just mix that all up and keep it on hand. Then, the day before you do the cooking, rub it all over the entire surface of some pork ribs (or other cuts of pork, or even other meats, but it's best with pork), and let it sit in the refrigerator until you do the cooking. You may baste with some sauce, or add some at the table, but I have found that I prefer this as-is: just allowing the spices of the rub to work their own magic without interference from anything else. Once I started using this recipe, my production and/or purchase of BBQ sauce dropped dramatically.

If you do decide to make a sauce, don't just figure that they are all similar variations of one, basic thing - they are not. Actually, there are several different kinds of BBQ sauce in the U.S. (not even considering the rest of the world right now), and they can be very regional. Generally, they may be divided into tomato, vinegar, or mustard-based sauces (or combinations thereof), with variations within those divisions (e.g. sweeter, hotter, molasses, brown sugar, cumin, and maybe even ketchup).
Alienz
I don't have any idea how to make BBQ sauce Sad But I do like to learn. I like BBQ Cool
jongoldsz
I've got to learn... I put BBQ sauce on everything. Including my tooth paste, jk.
skygaia
Actually I don't know how to make BBQ source.

But now I have learned how to do that.. thanks.. I'll try to make it..
Have a nice day..
lordeverkillx50
well i suggest blend ketchup spices and other things u like
thats how i do Cool